Sundown Audio

it's your electrical and also your box could be bottle necking it. whats the port area on for the box? i have 70sqin for my x15 and im planning on building a new one with more port here soon.

I think you have a bit of truck stuck in your mud bro

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470
1/0ga stinger wiring for big 3
1/0ga ofc flextech wiring

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

in a 27Hz tuned ported box

LE BUILD LOG!!!

An X series driver or any of our new platform drivers specialize in being loud over a large bandwidth (eg: staying loud down low). They also may not SOUND as loud at a given SPL due to significantly reduced mechanical and suspension induced 2nd order distortions. A clean level of output will always sound quieter.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

I am running ~2k on mostly stock electrical as well, but my lights don't shut off lol. To protect your amp, your sub, and your car, get yourself a cheap volt meter (yes the Stinger ones work) when you see that you are dropping below ~11 volts (you will get different opinions on the threshold here) it is time to either turn down the volume, turn down the gain, or upgrade your electrical.

Ie. on my setup I have gain properly set (with bass remote at max) running the amp at .5 ohm. On normal music I leave the bass knob at the minimum. When I want to turn it up, I watch my volt meter and when it drops below 11, I back the bass remote down until I am holding around 11 volts.

I have stock alt, big 3 done, and an older Optima blue top under the hood with no secondary battery. Yes, this is janky electrical, but until I can buy an alt and another battery, it is what I am stuck with lol. I am protecting my gear and still getting into the lower 40s like this. The cool part is that I know there is more potential there once my electrical is straightened out.

And I am guessing I am not really giving much up in terms of SPL right now. I can crank the remote so that I am making my lights blink, but it isn't much louder (due to less volts in/less watts out) than running at a pretty steady 11-12 volts. I also have the advantage of having a little more power than my subs need anyway (1200W worth of sub and a 2kw amp (@ 1 ohm) running at .5 ohm.

Load test your battery and if it fails, replace it first. Big 3 is easy and not that expensive. You need about 10-15 feet of 1/0, a couple of fuses, and some terminals. With a low amperage alternator even CCA would do.

2006 Scion xB

2 Sundown SA12D2

Ported at 32hz

147 on non termlab (140-142 on TL)

Currently in a walled 4th @ 50hz (not metered yet)

Hifonics brz2100

Alpine Type-S Components

Kicker 300.2

Big 3 / Skyhigh 1/0 cca

Optima Blue Top

3 e8s ported at 32hz

135.1 sealed on dash @ 56hz

135.0 outlaw (I must have chosen song poorly lol)

Build log

'Brandon15zzz', on 09 May 2012 - 3:13 PM, said:snapback.png

May have been clipping but none fucks were givin.

The real issue is your electrical. Those bb2400s are built good but it's gonna die on you eventually due to poor electrical my man. If I were you, I'd work on that before changing anything else.

Ya it's a different box. My amp right now is a bb2400 running at 1ohm. Stock alt, stock battery that has died on me 20+ times in the past year on me. No big 3. Pretty much stock everything. I'm just trying to figure if my amp is bad. It's definitely had years of abuse.

An amplifier doesn't create power, it converts it.

If you give it a limited electrical supply, then your output will also be limited.

Proper alternator, battery(s) and wiring should always be your first step.

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png