The funniest things you have seen in car audio!

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think just just for the amount of equipment in the van and how everything had its own switch is what gives it that wow factor.

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400
- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire
- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gauge
Build Log: Click Here

Scores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw

I think just just for the amount of equipment in the van and how everything had its own switch is what gives it that wow factor.

I had a set up similar in the early 2000's. 6 sub amps and 3 mids/highs amps and everyone had it's own switch, sub stage was 12- 12's so if you only wanted to listen to two being powered, or 6, etc. All crossfire BMF series when it was new

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

I had fun reading this thread got a lot of good laughs especially the horn 1, but I gotta say this video has them all beat:

with all those volt meters he is a smarter installer than half the people online

id like to see what dude would do if he had to start over with some real cash to work with

There was more lol I managed to mess up the color on some of the profile pic boxes but the name color boxes are all correct

Vbz5xuL.png

Lol at copper coated.

It's copper-clad aluminium.

To my credit I did not know it was copper-clad not coated. I had only heard coated at the time I made that post.

Always keep learning new things everyday. Had someone else correct that it's "case in point" not "case and point" as I thought it was for years now.

New to the car audio world and looking to learn as much as I can.

There was more lol I managed to mess up the color on some of the profile pic boxes but the name color boxes are all correct

picture

Lol at copper coated.

It's copper-clad aluminium.

To my credit I did not know it was copper-clad not coated. I had only heard coated at the time I made that post.

Always keep learning new things everyday. Had someone else correct that it's "case in point" not "case and point" as I thought it was for years now.

It's great to learn new things every day, some people don't like to get pointed out when they are wrong. The people who don't mind are the ones that learn the most.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Cant wait to get home so I can watch those vids on the prevous page.

A guy that I have seen around campus has an install in his car. Decent equipent and installed nicely, execpt for the engine bay. There are wires running all over the place and I asked him who did it and he said a shop that is pretty popular around here. For a ground to some HID's they put the wire on a screw and then just put the screw into the frame...a wood screw no less. It kinda shocked me because I have heard nothing but rave reviews of this shop and have even seen them at some shows and would never have expected that quality of work from them.

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400
- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire
- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gauge
Build Log: Click Here

Scores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw

Came here to share this, but you were before me :D I haven't had such a laugh in a long time! Great idea from DD!

Archived