Issue with DD-1

If you got another system that works, all you got to do is just unplug an rca from the amps input, plug it into the dd-1, play corresponding 40 or 1000hz 0db track and turn up volume on headunit. Super quick, no need to wire up an additional amp, this way you dont have to disconnect any speaker wires, or turning of gains or crossover settings. ;)

If it tests fine and the DD-1 looks like normal then your issue is the LOC. The next best thing you can do is test the speaker wires that go into the LOC with the LOC disconnected, but at any rate you will only find headunit clipping volume, but still will be guessing tuning the amp, unless the amp has a high level input and you can bypass said LOC all together.

So far I tested a few Schocse LOCs (2 and 4 channel models with the blue colored covers), a schocse 2 channel with clear cover, a few off brand old LOCs, Metra 2channel loc, and a metra/axxess branded 4 channel LOC, a cheaper PAC, and a hiltron 2 channel. All of them showed distortion present before even turning volume up or only turning the volume up slightly.

Low voltage for the dd-1 is 5.6volts dc, chances are if the low battery light is not lit up on the DD-1 your battery is fine.

I even have a battery that is around 7.9volts in my IMSG and it says battery good when turned on. and it wont tell me to replace it until something like 6.5-7.2volts iirc

These devices dont use that much power, and batteries last a while.

So Im sure your battery is not the issue ;)

Edited by Audiofanaticz

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, LOCs are crap. always avoid using them if you can. there are other, better, although more expensive, options.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Anyone got any suggestions for them? I was going to take another stab at it this weekend and see what I could do. I will talk to him about it then.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

3sixty.3

/thread

lmao way out of the question. Maybe he might do that later on, but right now he just wants his gains for some bump hahahahahha

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Best option would be getting rid of factory headunit.

If thats not an option, then getting a nicer LOC, something like an audio control unit, or maybe cache

but these units run $99.00-150ish.

But honestly Ive never tested anything that nice, but would assume they are not crap because they actually got circuitry to them like the HLC-1, unlike the cheap LOCs

This guy for $40 maybe a winner it claims 0.01% THD which is why Id suggest it as a possible winner, you dont see LOCs advertising that

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_33576_Cache-CLOC-D.html

Otherwise something like these

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_43567_AudioControl-LC2i.html

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_33578_Cache-COE8.html

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_6359_AudioControl-LC6i-Gray-LC6.html

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_21949_Kicker-ZX10SUM8-10ZXSUM8.html

Edited by Audiofanaticz

He is planning on getting a new HU. He has already looked up on other people keeping the Navi and replacing the stock stereo. I am just trying to get a fix for the short term of having his amp tuned. I guess the best will happen though once he actually gets a new HU.

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

• 2 months later...

Old topic but on my 03 Acura Tl you have to bypass the stock Bose eq. FYI The stock HU has 3 line-level audio signals going to the EQ (left, right, and sum, plus one common) and two return lines (left and right, plus one common). The "sum" output is EQ'd then sent directly to the subwoofer amp behind the rear seat.

I fought with my TSX hu for months. Finally gave up, sold everything, and started over in a dumber vehicle.....

No matter what i did, (short of adding a RF 3sixty.2), i couldnt get ALL 20-20k freqs. So, i had to have my dsp SUM the channels, and give me what it could.

The lows, just didnt sound right.......

Good luck anyway.