Compared to most of the member builds/rides on here, this one is exquisitely unimpressive. However, I do love listening to it and driving it, so I figure I should post it!

I got the van a few months ago. It's a very tired ol' girl, but she still runs! I got it for cheap enough, and it didn't need TOO much work to make a daily driver. Keep in mind, this beast has 33x,xxx Kilometers on it. She's not the prettiest.

Of course, I wasn't expecting to post any pictures of this beast until now, so I don't have any pictures of when I first got it or what I've done to it.

When I first got it, it NEEDED two tires, an A/C line, compressor, and a good solid A/C flush. After I did all that, I also machined all the rotors to get rid of the brake pulsation. Drives quite nice now!

iPhoneBackup603.jpg

Dash before new deck.

iPhoneBackup607.jpg

Lots of room!

iPhoneBackup611.jpg

iPhoneBackup614.jpg

New deck. Jensen VM9224BT.

iPhoneBackup755.jpg

Dusty Alpine Flex5 Five Channel Amp under drivers seat powering the front doors and rear panel speakers.

iPhoneBackup875.jpg

MBQuart Onyx 1000.1 Amp for the subwoofers. Under passenger seat.

iPhoneBackup878.jpg

I know all of this equipment is far from impressive or amazing, but it's all I can afford for now! It won't be the last stuff I own :)

It should be noted, that if any of you have anything to say, negative, or positive, or hilarious, I'd love to hear it.

I'm very new when it comes to the whole car audio thing, so I'd love some suggestions for this beast.

My main goal for it is to be a great sounding reproducer of music. Loud, and clear.

2004 Ford Freestar SEL

Jensen VM9224BT

Alpine MRP-F257 "Flex 5"

MBQuart ONX 1000.1D

Factory Ford 5x7's (For now)

2 - MBQuart ONX304 12" Subwoofers

Just don't expect to pick up hot chick's. Well actually you can turn it into a party van lol but in the end it's your ride so who's cares.

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

Haha. Very true! Fortunately for me I don't need to pick up any ladies as I recently got married. I was thinking in the front doors, where the map pockets are, I should try and do some door pods and put a few speakers in there, and then mount a tweeter or two in the a-pillar trims... Would that be a good direction for sound quality, and volume?

2004 Ford Freestar SEL

Jensen VM9224BT

Alpine MRP-F257 "Flex 5"

MBQuart ONX 1000.1D

Factory Ford 5x7's (For now)

2 - MBQuart ONX304 12" Subwoofers

Archived