Second Skin Audio

cnet15

Im building a ported box for 4 rockford p2 8s under the back seat of a 2012 silverado 1500. the available space for the box is just too small once i factor in the sub and port displacement. ive heard people say that fiberfill tricks subs into thinking they are in a larger enclosure. would adding fiberfill make up for the box being too small?

It will end up coming out of ports. Maybe only run 2 or 3.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

well i have heard of people either putting spearker grill cloth over the port or securing the fiberfill to the walls of the enclosure. the box is for a friend and he has already purchased the 4 subs so there is no turning back from 4 now

You will get better results from less woffers in a correct box than more woffers in something they don't like.

It's not terrible if you just have to sell one sub. Or keep it if you blow on of the others.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

how.many cubic feet Is the box? and yes fiberfill does help. use it in ever box I've ever had. but if you have 4 8s in a 2cubic foot box well.... you'd get better deeper sound out of 2. please post the net cubic feet for the subs and the area of the port. And the guideline for fiber is 1lb per cubic foot spray adhesive the fill to the wall. at Wally world you can get a 5lb flat roll for $5 spray for $3-4

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

i buy the mate and glue and staple it to the walls, and if i need more i use gutter guard and build a false wall with it, but you cant use a much as you can in a sealed box, so you wont get the same effect

have you looked into aero ports to save on volume

turring the subs around

drop the thickness on the material and glass the entire box or build it out of glass

• 2 weeks later...

i buy the mate and glue and staple it to the walls, and if i need more i use gutter guard and build a false wall with it, but you cant use a much as you can in a sealed box, so you wont get the same effect

have you looked into aero ports to save on volume

turring the subs around

drop the thickness on the material and glass the entire box or build it out of glass

im already using an aero port. and i cant flip the subs because of where they are located. i would glass the whole box or part of it but the guy who is paying for it cant afford that much glass

Archived