Voltage is lower at the amps than the battery!!!

So I have been trouble shooting reasons my amp shuts off on some songs and I have been looking at everything wondering why I keeps going off.

I started looking at my voltage and have stumbled on a voltage "loss" between the battery/alternator and the amplifiers so this might be my problem with the amp.

My electrical: All wire is KnuKonceptz KCA Kable

-200 amp high output alternator with a 14.5 volt set point.

-1/0 gauge to the battery with 200 amp inline fuse holder (1ft.).

-Duralast Gold 780 cold cranking amps battery.

-1/0 gauge with 200 amp inline fuse holder to the rear of the car (12ft.).

-Distribution block (1/0 gauge to 4 gauge) with 150 amp fuse.

-4 gauge to amp (1.5ft.).

-(3) 1/0 gauge ground runs from the battery to chassis, engine block, and alternator (All about 2-3ft.).

-1/0 gauge ground to distribution block (1/0 gauge to 4 gauge)

-4 gauge to amp (1.5ft.)

*The voltage at the alternator and battery was identical no matter the circumstance so that connection is fine.

* I have triple checked all my connections including grounds, fuses, and at the amp.

I played a 60Hz tone all the way up at idle and the voltage at the battery/alt was 13.95, at the amp it was 12.65. I have loss somehow but I have no idea how of were it could be. I want to get a kinetic HC 600 battery with high quality fuse holders to put next to the amp but will this fix the voltage loss?

Any information would be great!!

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/JeepAndBass

Picture1.png.a51bb49318e5269e42f12284828c2bb6.png

My Jeep: 157.3dB @26hz Drag Style 162.3dB @36Hz Outlaw 160.7db @35hz Headrest

My Honda: 155.4dB Drag Style 158.0db Outlaw 

You could try checking the voltage before and after any fuse holders, distro blocks, ect and see if maybe your losing it through a fuse or bad connect or something.

this. the loss has gotta be in the run of wire between the rear battery and the amp. either at the lug/terminal that hooks the wire up to the rear battery, or the connection of the wire to the fuse holder, or the fuse itself, or the connection of the wire coming out of the fuse, or the connection at the amp.

edit: check the grounds too!

connections could still be bad, although you think they are good. could be cheap fuse holders or distribution blocks. if the amp grounded to the battery or the chassis? if chassis, where?

this is definitely a connection problem. taking pictures of your connections will REALLY help us to help you.

What amp do you have?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

how much power are you running? ie what amp is it?

and 12ft of kca and then to 4ga could be your problem if you're trying to run like 2K+ rms.

but i know theres people way better at actually calculating the current numbers and stuff in your car :P

I think you have a bit of truck stuck in your mud bro

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470
1/0ga stinger wiring for big 3
1/0ga ofc flextech wiring

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

in a 27Hz tuned ported box

LE BUILD LOG!!!

You could try checking the voltage before and after any fuse holders, distro blocks, ect and see if maybe your losing it through a fuse or bad connect or something.

this. the loss has gotta be in the run of wire between the rear battery and the amp. either at the lug/terminal that hooks the wire up to the rear battery, or the connection of the wire to the fuse holder, or the fuse itself, or the connection of the wire coming out of the fuse, or the connection at the amp.

don't know if he has a rear battery. looks like theres just a dist block in the back.

I think you have a bit of truck stuck in your mud bro

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470
1/0ga stinger wiring for big 3
1/0ga ofc flextech wiring

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

in a 27Hz tuned ported box

LE BUILD LOG!!!

don't know if he has a rear battery. looks like theres just a dist block in the back.

oops. didn't not see that...LOL. check all connections at the disto then. if you can pull at the wire a decent amount and have it come out, thats a loose connection. for anything, not just a d-block.

Could have faulty fuse. Bad soldered connection in fuse. Try another fuse. May not be able to see bad fuse.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

So I changed the ground so that it bypasses the ground distribution block and now the voltage only goes down to 13 so that's improvement. So I'm guessing it's just the distribution blocks? And I'm running a soundstream tx.1300d

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/JeepAndBass

Picture1.png.a51bb49318e5269e42f12284828c2bb6.png

My Jeep: 157.3dB @26hz Drag Style 162.3dB @36Hz Outlaw 160.7db @35hz Headrest

My Honda: 155.4dB Drag Style 158.0db Outlaw 

Archived