DC Sound Lab

DC Lvl 4 M2 12's rattling/bottoming out

Recently while playing my set of level 4 12's at high volume, only on certain notes, they start to rattle/bottom out. Just curious if anyone knows what might be going on? They are not very old at all and are powered by a Memphis Mojo 2500w amp that I tuned in with a DD-1, so they are getting a little less then their rated rms power. The box is 3 net cubes, tuned to 36hz and has a single 6" aero port. Designed it with the owner of my local audio shop, then had it built by him. The guy is very good so I don't think that the box is the problem. Besides this one problem they have been flawless so far and sound amazing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

08' Grand Cherokee

(2) DC Lvl 4 12's

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What song where you playing when it happend?

VM-1

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Hertz HSK 165XL

Arc Audio KS 300.2

Linear Power 1002 Full Mods

Fi Audio Q 10s

Sundown Audio Scv 3000

Big 3

XS Power D5100 Juice Box 20AH

Singer Alternator

Sky High Wire

<p>My Ebay feedback. http://feedback.ebay...tab=AllFeedback

You may be playing lower than what your tuned at. What songs are you playing when you hear that? Do you have a subsonic filter in your amp? 1250 rms to a 1000 watt sub is still giving it more than what it's rated and that box seems a little bit too small for two 12s

Edited by Beanz
That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

You may be playing lower than what your tuned at. What songs are you playing when you hear that? Do you have a subsonic filter in your amp? 1250 rms to a 1000 watt sub is still giving it more than what it's rated and that box seems a little bit too small for two 12s

Read my first post, it says the box is tuned to 36hz.

08' Grand Cherokee

(2) DC Lvl 4 12's

Do a little research before you reply next time. Actually Level 4 12's are rated at 1400w RMS, and the box is perfectly fine, DC recommends 1.5 CF of net airspace per Lvl 4 12" subwoofer. I asked Rusty himself if my box design was OK before I had it built and he said it would do just fine.

08' Grand Cherokee

(2) DC Lvl 4 12's

M2 lvl 4s are rated for 1400 each with a recommended net ported volume of 1.5cuft each. Don't think box or power is a problem. I'm willing to bet just playing too low.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Okay so then maybe your playing lower than what it's tuned. What songs do you play when you hear that bottoming out?

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.