DC Sound Lab

DC Lvl 4 M2 12's rattling/bottoming out

I clamped this amp to find out just what power im working with. Subs are wired to 1 ohm, but with box rise, it was doing 2200w rms at 2.2 ohms at full gain, and right now I have the gain set slightly below full tilt. These subs are seeing atleast 600w below their rated rms power.

08' Grand Cherokee

(2) DC Lvl 4 12's

Ah didnt see they were the m2s. So I'm just betting playing songs lower that what he's at.

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

Okay so then maybe your playing lower than what it's tuned. What songs do you play when you hear that bottoming out?

I already said that I don't remember what song was being played. It happened multiple times on multiple different songs.

08' Grand Cherokee

(2) DC Lvl 4 12's

Yeah I'm tuned to 35ish or a little bit higher on mine I play any 30s or lower at full tilt and I start bottoming out quick so I just turn down my gain on my pac lc1 knob to maybe halfway to safety play it and it will. So it could be it.

Edited by Beanz
That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

What I don't understand is how this just started happened recently, I've had the subs for quite a few months and have been playing them on this power almost the whole time and i'm sure that I played tons of extreme lows before.

08' Grand Cherokee

(2) DC Lvl 4 12's

If it is just happening randomly on certain songs, then chances are there is a random low low note in those song that is way below your tuning.

Also what do you mean "gain maxed out" If you tuned correctly with a DD-1, there should be no maxed out gain. There is only 1 way to properly set the gain and it isnt going to be maxed out unless you have .2v of pre out voltage going into the amp.

I agree with above^^^

You said you were tuned with a DD-1, but were nearly maxed out. It sounds contradictory to even talk about WHERE the gain pot is if you TRULY set it with a DD-1. Were your gains actually set with a DD-1 and if they were, have you messed with the settings since then without RE-tuning with a DD-1?

On to the original topic, I too believe that when you hear that sound that you are going too far below the tuning of the box. That, or you have port noise. Without hearing the noise, I couldn't say which.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I agree with everything CJ and Sierra said.

If you happen to blow them, and want to build them different than original, I may know a guy who can fix you up! ;)

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build