Second Skin Audio

Is my enclosure design accurate?

zagfuchs

I am building an enclosure for my Fi BL 15 and I wanted to have someone else help me make sure my design is going to turn out the way I want it to. I have only built sealed boxes before, so I want to make sure my first attempt at ported goes as well as possible. This is going in the trunk of an 03 Altima, I was planning on putting the speaker and port facing the rear of the car and keeping the center armrest in the backseats down. I have included a picture of my idea and the specs. I am very excited about this peoject, so please let me know what you think so I can get this build underway.

IMG_20131027_155426_zps8809cb7f.jpg

The tuning should be fine for a daily but you don't want to face port and sub up in a trunk car. Sub and port facing the back of the car... closer to the back than the front of the trunk usually yields the best results.

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

I had to edit my post above as my estimate was a little off, I would give around 2K to that sub and expect good daily performance from it. If giving little power you may be better off doing a larger box to increase efficiency.

Trunk car boxes are better sub(s)/port frontwards or backwards, when aiming up you choke the port and rattle your trunk lid.

Archived