Sundown Audio

Sundown X15 box input please

This is in my ext cab f150 sub/port facing the rear of the cab.

As for power. Right now all I have is a bb2400 running at 1ohm.

Stock for the next few weeks. Gonna be getting my big 3 done and a xs d3100 under the hood

http://imageshack.us/a/img854/3394/o86y.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img856/8172/ugim.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img405/9975/ceg3.jpg

Box is 3.9ft^3 tuned to 32hz

Port 15.5x3.25

I didn't do the 45s in it tho.

I don't really listen to decaf music. Mostly a lot of techn9ne,e-40,juicy j, yelawolf, tyga just whatever new is out.

Wanting to get this thing going louder. So far it's actually a bit quieter then my rockford t1 that was tuned to 33hz.

Should I tune higher?

More port?

Edited by Sky

Real question is, of your not looking to play decaf and stupid lows. Why are you looking at an X series instead of an SA or a Z?? Sundown has different levels of subs, you cant just pick one because it sounds cool.

Edited by Smoove

Hey not to be negative Sky, but I've been waiting for threads to start popping up where people are unhappy with the X series. I personally think it's a capable, badass sub in the RIGHT enclosure. Do your know the details of why your buddy wasn't happy with his? I've been telling guys to feed these damn things a lot of port and a decent amount of airspace, but they aren't choosing to do that. This is why I believe guys will be unhappy, because they are cheating the sub from what it needs to perform WELL.

Sorry for the rant dude, it's just upsetting that someone drops $300+ and doesn't build a good enclosure. I'm hoping enough word gets out and that guys start building appropriately. If you know the details of your friend's box he had this in, I'd be happy to know them.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

As CleanSierra has pointed out, not all subs are created equal.
Based on some boxes I have done in my GM ext cab. Sub up/port back (box as center console) and sub up/port side (box on ext cab bench). sub up/port up didnt sound as good.

What did you use to come up with your box size and numbers?