Second Skin Audio

Custom rebuilt Fi BTL N3 12's **Vid added**

audiofanaticz

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sucks that you wont be able to use the surround to its full extent though since the motor limits it :P

Does it?

That coil has plenty of back travel ;)

and the sub is already moving damn near twice as far as previous :P

That surround pulled up like that looks crazy

It makes a good hat too!

1378658_654349231266062_1128672011_n.jpg

1379221_654349261266059_1312950435_n.jpg

You got a rain hat now hahaha

XS Power D5100, 2 D2700s, & 2 D975s

MechMan 220a Alt

DC 5K

Kicker 650.4

2 12 Ascendant Audio Mayhem's

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD

Rockford Fosgate 3sity.1

Build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/166792-88-nissan-maxima-trunk-build/#entry2430899

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/191439-lexus-is300-fi-crescendo-shca-rf-pics/

To be honest I've always felt that the BTL N2s and N3s were way too much motor for the traditional 12-spoke basket and spider setups. Nice work.

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

digging the hat, and the guns :)

Also, very nice work on the conversion. Do you have an estimate for new xmax? Hitting that crazy 50mm with the neo motor??

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

That is a very nice configuration. Did you get the spiders from George? Doesnt look like Sundown spiders.

Thanks, and if by Gorge you me Jorge then yes along with the baskets a while ago, origional plans where all sundown parts, until Jacob said it would be a while until parts arrive, so we ordered in a few other cones to check out but nothing that peaked the interest like the zv4 cones did.

So a Fi BTL N3 motor .

Sundown ZV4 cone/surround assembly, ZV4 Dual 1ohm coil, large flanged dustcaps, 3inch collars, and their 4awg terminals.

TC/Ti baskets, 10inch TC Spiders with dual leads.

To be honest I've always felt that the BTL N2s and N3s were way too much motor for the traditional 12-spoke basket and spider setups. Nice work.

Well the main problem is the cone is too tall when using 10 or 12inch 12spoke baskets with the 8inch landing, if you use the next landing down it will almost fit perfect with a much lesser gap, but then your excursion is limited by the smaller diameter spider. Of coarse if you used a shorter cone, something with a lesser or not as deep pitch to it, you would be fine too, but that would require stocking additional cones, and Fi seems to use the same cone on every woofer built (included the companies they oem for), if the sub is a 4inch coil sub they cut the cone bigger, etc. Its smart and cheaper to keep stock, but when dealing with a high dollar woofer its a shame.

Also, very nice work on the conversion. Do you have an estimate for new xmax? Hitting that crazy 50mm with the neo motor??

Jeeze, actually surprised you where the first to notice, but how many do you see is the question? LoL

Thanks, no idea on xmax, it would have to be measured to know, Id say a easy 35mm one way once they are loosened up, they are very stiff yet with 5 spiders, but will loosen up a great bit I think.

Jeeze, actually surprised you where the first to notice, but how many do you see is the question? LoL

Thanks, no idea on xmax, it would have to be measured to know, Id say a easy 35mm one way once they are loosened up, they are very stiff yet with 5 spiders, but will loosen up a great bit I think.

I always keep an eye open for weapons anywhere lol. I see at least 3, and possibly 4, because I can't make it out too clearly but it looks like an m14 style rifle leaning against the dresser and like there's something else behind it, but I'm not really sure if that's all just 1 rifle or not.

And holy moly! 35mm one way? So you're thinkin a nearly 3" xmax, even with all those spiders??!?!? Siiicckkkkkkk

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

Archived