Sundown Audio

Hey sundown, X series site paramteres

hey sundown,

i was in the process of trying to design a box for my X15 and i ran into a couple of road blocks. btw thanks a ton for posting the T/S parameters for the X series subs on your site recently it's really nice to have all those in one place now.

not trying to be a dick but i think there's a couple missing though (at least i think, i could be blind) that are making it really hard to finish my design

could you post the,

Woofer Displacement

Xmax

Sd

if those were there i'd be awesome.

thanks,

RevoRacing

I think you have a bit of truck stuck in your mud bro

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470
1/0ga stinger wiring for big 3
1/0ga ofc flextech wiring

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

in a 27Hz tuned ported box

LE BUILD LOG!!!

bump for info.

im really just looking for sub displacement.

would anyone know a close approximation maybe?

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

LE BUILD LOG!!!

I thought the xmax was 30mm?

Do you really need Sd for the model? Approximate it. Should be in the neighborhood of 153sq in.

Displacement... .25 should be close enough. Do you really need it down to the hundreth? Lol.

sd i don't need right now but it'll be important when i start designing my t-line. and i just thought because of the huge surrounds and stuff it might be a little different then most other subs.

and for the displacement i wasn't sure. i tried this once calculator where i gave it the motor dimensions and stuff and it calculated like .45 :P so i wasn't sure what to trust.

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

LE BUILD LOG!!!

I thought the xmax was 30mm?

Do you really need Sd for the model? Approximate it. Should be in the neighborhood of 153sq in.

Displacement... .25 should be close enough. Do you really need it down to the hundreth? Lol.

sd i don't need right now but it'll be important when i start designing my t-line. and i just thought because of the huge surrounds and stuff it might be a little different then most other subs.

and for the displacement i wasn't sure. i tried this once calculator where i gave it the motor dimensions and stuff and it calculated like .45 :P so i wasn't sure what to trust.

It's a custom tooled basket so as NOT to give up any Sd due to the comically large surround. The sub is actually closer to a 16"

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if you got the info you needed, but this is from the pre-order thread from back in March:

The X series is our 1250 RMS rated line -- they feature a 3" diameter CCAW round wire coil and our new frame, spider, surround, and cone platform. Linear x-max is around ~30mm one-way by 70% BL with a total mechanical clearance of 50mm in the motor.

Edited by -X-RaTeD-

When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe. I am related to the earliest times, and to the latest.
~Henry David Thoreau

sd is .18

is that in m^2? and thanks i really need this for designing the t-line.

I don't know if you got the info you needed, but this is from the pre-order thread from back in March:

The X series is our 1250 RMS rated line -- they feature a 3" diameter CCAW round wire coil and our new frame, spider, surround, and cone platform. Linear x-max is around ~30mm one-way by 70% BL with a total mechanical clearance of 50mm in the motor.

and thanks for finding this. they should just put these parameters on their site.

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

LE BUILD LOG!!!

• 3 months later...

Still no sealed, ported or displacement measurements on the website?

'07 Ford Ranger - DM-608 I E700.4 I SA-CX6.5 v2 I SAZ-1500D 15th (x2) I Zv6 12" D1 I SB500-34 I JP40 I

On 5/21/2015 at 7:07 PM, boom50cal said:

of course he gives no fucks. it's a ford ranger.

only bad mother fuckers drive ford rangers