Where my Basketball fellas at?

I seriously feel that the NBA should take away the fan voting for the all star game. It is pretty rediculous that Jermey Lin has more votes then James Harden/ Tony Parker/ and Russell Westbrook. I think that the all stars should be voted by there peers and coaches. A guy like Lance Stevenson and Kawhi Leonard will not get in because of a popularity contest. D. Rose, Rajon Rondo, Ray allen, John Wall and Deron Williams all have more votes then Lance Stevenson.

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3

Just happened to stumble upon this lil gem of a thread, having played in hs and college and being a fan of the game, I thought I'd add my 2 cents. Lol.

I thought all star game voting only determines starters? Either way I haven't payed much attention to all star weekend these days due to that fact. Mainly the popular players and more for entertainment in the game. Not to mention the dunk contests are a joke! Blake griffen over a car is maybe the one exception but even that pales in comparison to the Vince carter routine or the days of MJ/Dominique. Back when at least the best Dunkers were competing in it.

But at the end of the day it's entertainment and a business over anything else.

And this year as a whole has been pretty bad business and basketball wise for the NBA. Big media markets down... Knicks, Lakers (with or without kobe imo) Boston, Chicago (no Drose), even Brooklyn, which I don't think anyone saw them being this bad, even if they are a brand new team chemistry wise.

I do think that Miami/Indiana are shaping up to be a good series come playoff time. Hard fought, gritty, good quality basketball.

And in the West you can never count San Antonio out, they always seem to find their way into the Finals. Popovich is one of the GOAT's!

I'd like to see the clippers do a little something come playoff time, but fundamentals/free throws down the stretch seem to be their Achilles heal.. Minus CP3 of course.

And being from MN, I'd like the Twolves to at least make the playoffs, but that's asking alot of any MN professional sports team lol!

Anyway kudus for the bball thread in here, ill be checking back from time to time.

Its gonna be tough for the wolves to get in with how stacked the west is. Even if you get 50 wins it still might not be enough to get in, its that stacked. I do think the suns may fall off but the mavs are right there. If you in the east.... 35 wins will get you a 4 seed

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

ZED Levithian 6 channel

matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3

Its gonna be tough for the wolves to get in with how stacked the west is. Even if you get 50 wins it still might not be enough to get in, its that stacked. I do think the suns may fall off but the mavs are right there. If you in the east.... 35 wins will get you a 4 seed

Lol As ridiculous as it is, very true!

I just hope they don't trade/lose KLove... My jury is still out on Rubio IMO. He still has alot to prove both in his jump shot and on D in order for me to consider him a legit point guard. In order for the wolves to compete in the West they are going to have to make some moves and add 1-2 high caliber players around Love.. But they had that same issue when KG was in MN, and ultimately he left when ownership/management didn't do it.

Lol As ridiculous as it is, very true!

I just hope they don't trade/lose KLove... My jury is still out on Rubio IMO. He still has alot to prove both in his jump shot and on D in order for me to consider him a legit point guard. In order for the wolves to compete in the West they are going to have to make some moves and add 1-2 high caliber players around Love.. But they had that same issue when KG was in MN, and ultimately he left when ownership/management didn't do it.

Rubio is exactly what Nash was and is. Offense. Nash has always struggled with his shot, minus his 3's, unless wide open. D? Nash has been a joke. Sure, you have the elite players like Rose, Bryant, Lebron, Wade, and the list goes on. Expect Nash to stop any of them? Nope. But, even the not so explosive guards like Lawson? Andre Miller? Dragic? Still can't stop them.

As far as your wolves, that's exactly right. They won't get players or can't and so Love will leave. Nothing against international players but that seems to be the Wolves. Aside from a few exceptions, international players just don't seem to last long. Like look at Yao Ming. Dominant. Slow as shit, but was the only guy who could stand up to Shaq. Short lived career. You do have the few that last like Tony Parker. But Wolves seem to get the international players that look pretty good, then come here and they're meh. Or they're good but career ending injury. I'd be placing my money that Love leaves.

Sheena = pedobear

For starters I don't think Rubio will ever be MVP, none the less 2 time MVP like Nash was, but I see your point, very similar players and skill set. And lets be honest I don't think anyone on the Suns stopped anyone on D in those days lol.

You couldn't be more right about the wolves and international players, although I do like pecavic (however the hell it's spelled). He's not a premier player, but is a perfect role playing big man with great work ethic.

But in the end you're right, they won't make moves, they'll lose Love and it'll be the same shitstorm after KG left. Wash, rinse, repeat.

I haven't been a fan of the wolves since the whole thing with KG, just saying I'm from here so wouldn't mind if they didn't suck and/or make bonehead front office decisions. But as I said, being a Minnesotan, kinda used to that from all of our professional sports organizations.

If Rubio had great stats and the team did well, he could be MVP. But ALL he is? Assists. Some good ball handling and passing. Nash did have a jumper...when open. Everyone was afraid of him passing so they left him open lol. As far as D for the Suns? That's right. Cause coach wanted them to run and outscore people. Worked... they won games. Til post season. Then...no.

As far as the office, it'll take just a new decision maker. Whether that's owner, GM, or entire new office... that's all it takes. Look at Oregon. They tried to do good with Oden. He was a beast in college. Then turned pro and holy shit. Lol. Then got good players in Aldrige, Lillard, Roy, etc. Besides Roy, none of em are truly superstars. There's no Lebron, no Durant, no Kobe. No one to really lean to when tight game. But, that's part of their system. Don't have a main guy so when it's that game clutching shot, who do you cover? Shit, everyone. Lillard might sink that 3, Aldrige might slam it, etc.

I'm not a fan of Kevin Martin but he should help the wolves. Add another threat. They do seem to be trying to bring talent but location hurts and the team. Like how hard is it to get people to LA or Miami? Not hard at all. Got great location and good teams (Lakers been having a hard few years now but still, can get a lot of talent there easily). After a tough loss, just go out to a club or something. No weather worries or anything. Minnesota? You kidding? Just get your ass handed to you and now you have a shitty ass drive home. Probably why the Lakers moved out to LA lol.

Sheena = pedobear

Bro, Im a warriors fan and well we all know how bad they have been for HELLA long. I was pissed when the dumped Monte Ellis and Ekpe Udoh to get Bogut and Stephen Jackson. But now 4 years later I see what they did and completely understand what they did. Maybe the wolves need a ownership change. Thats what happened with them.

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

ZED Levithian 6 channel

matt142-1-1.jpg

Well Flip Saunders is our GM now, and honestly he seems to "get it" as far as bringing guys in. But like you said who the hell wants to live here! Lol!

I'm not a fan of the owner either (I forget his name) last year he publicly criticized Love and said he'd never be able to lead a team to a championship, wasn't a top tier player, this n that...

Many of the failing franchises are due to poor ownership... Many of them could careless about the actual game/team as long as its profitable, status symbol type thing. Alot of the times it takes new passionate ownership to shake things up.. Look at Cuban in Dallas...

Matt I fell you on the warriors, never a true fan persay, but I've always liked them.. Even going back to the Tim hardaway, Chris Mullen days. And I've liked them even more recently. Like you I didn't understand the monta Ellis deal at the time either, but somebody knew what they were doing. Bogut has always flown under the radar and underrated (despite being a #1 pick). He doesn't really do anything to spectacular and even unnoticeable at times, but then you look at statline and the intangible and it's hard to argue with.

Portland could be a sleeper, but I think they are still a bit young/inexperienced when it comes playoff time against the more seasoned teams.

About your whole Cuban in Dallas thing. That's good but bad. Sure, they won a title few years ago. But he's....TOO involved. Like Jerry Jones of Cowboys. You have all these people to do work FOR you so let them!! Owner should not be on the phone trying to make trades or whatnot. Like look at the Broncos. Owner knows what he wants but he's involved VERY LITTLE. Who's the voice of the Broncos ownership? John Elway. It's his job, his position, so the owner shuts the hell up and lets Elway do his job. And look at what Elway has done.

Granted, I don't think Broncos will reach the title game, much less win it, with Manning... his cold weather stats suck. And where does he play? Yeah.

But back to basketball... Portland? I think they're having that experience. I mean last year they took people by surprise. Did well. They have roughly the same team. Their problem may just be no key defense. Like say they face the Heat in playoffs. Who's gonna stop Lebron? No one. I don't believe they have anyone who can matchup with him decently. Wade? Bosh? Chalmers? Etc. Sure. They have answers. But Lebron has the run of the court. If facing Spurs, no one to stop Ginobli. They're decent on defense but they don't have that guy that's their key guy for defense. Look at the Spurs last year. Danny Green was that guy. He always took on the toughest challenge. Look at Ron Artest (Screw his new name) of the Lakers (When was a laker). Took on that tough challenge. Ariza. List goes on for these teams. Always is a "key" defensive player. Portland...lacks it. Hell, back when Roy was there... think he was that guy, as well as offensive guy lol.

As far as the West? I think it's Thunder all year. Spurs are just older, slower, and didn't really add much. And only other real team in the conference is the Clippers. It'd be a good matchup but free throws and a POSSIBLE durant spree would be their end. Memphis you could say would be in that mix but don't think they have the speed to keep up with them if Westbrook is healthy and good to go then.

East? I gotta say it's as you guys said earlier... Pacers or Heat. Heat we know are good to go. Pacers are ehh at times but they've proven that they're there to battle. They won't just hand you the game. Last year was close. Pacers only got better. I could easily see a 7 game series with Pacers taking it. But outside of those 2? I don't see anything. The bulls are decent without rose but decent won't win you shit in playoff time. Every other team seems to be rebuilding.

And just so it's out there, yes, my team is the Lakers. We ain't doing shit. I'd say chances are looking good that we miss the playoffs. First time in... basically Kobe's career... that's happened. I think they've missed the playoffs like once or twice his entire career.

Sheena = pedobear

Archived