• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Everything on the gear list looked good until I read hifonics.. all that nice wire,speakers and subs then hifonics amps??? good looking start none the less.

I love the anti-hifonics posts lol. I am looking forward to seeing a nice build with 4+ KW of affordable power. It isn't always about brand names and price tags. If it gets loud and is reliable, the no matter how much you hate the brand.. it is loud and reliable. I am louder (not loud, only mid 40s) than a lot of people running gear that costs 3x what mine does. I have been running it for almost a year with no issues. I love when people hear it and compliment it, then they walk around the back and I pop the hatch and they are like "oh.. Hifonics.. nice, I guess".... like suddenly I dropped 5db or something.

1kw of your favorite brand (actual meaured power) will not get you any louder than 1kw (actual measured power) from some brand you don't like lol.

Back to the build though! Whether you like his choice of gear, this is looking to be an awesome build. Looking forward to updates.

2006 Scion xB

2 Sundown SA12D2

Ported at 32hz

147 on non termlab (140-142 on TL)

Currently in a walled 4th @ 50hz (not metered yet)

Hifonics brz2100

Alpine Type-S Components

Kicker 300.2

Big 3 / Skyhigh 1/0 cca

Optima Blue Top

3 e8s ported at 32hz

135.1 sealed on dash @ 56hz

135.0 outlaw (I must have chosen song poorly lol)

Build log

'Brandon15zzz', on 09 May 2012 - 3:13 PM, said:snapback.png

May have been clipping but none fucks were givin.

• 1 month later...

Archived