Looking to design a box for my subs and was wondering what kind of programs are out there and which is the best.

I use Wind ISD Beta for most of the boxes I model. You can find it on softpedia, as the author no longer supports it. You can also download the current version at their website.

A lot of other folks use Torres but I have no experience with it. Bass Box Pro is also good but you have to buy it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Sparky99
      Okay guys.. I’m wanting to fit 2 American bass hd 12s in between the seats of my Single Cab.. no I can’t do a blowthrough.. because I don’t want to cut a hole in the cab just Incase I sell the truck at one point in time. They will be wired up at a vfl450.1.. Im willing to go to the roof I just want to get some ideas. THANKS YALL 💪🏼🔊🔊
    • By anr102990
      Got a Skar DDX 12 dual 2 ohm sub 1000w RMS. Christmas gift. Will be going in my 2005 F150 supercrew. I currently have 2 Alpine SWS 10d4 in a sealed Fox Box under the seat with an MB QUART amp, amp come free with the purchase of the 2 subs so it wasnt a bad deal IMO. That system will be going in my wifes Camry, building slot ported box now for it.  Anyways im looking for a louder setup, but also musical as well. I am capable of building my own enclosure, so any suggestions would be appreciated. I was thinking somewhere around 2.25 to 2.75 cu ft after displacements tuned around 35 hz with a 6" aero port but am open to other designs. I have never had an aero port design, always slot ports and was curious to try it out. i have yet to purchase an amp for the sub and was looking into the Skar RP 1500 wired to 1 ohm but am also aware of box rise...so may save a little more for a bit larger amp. Also would like to add that i will be setting the box on the floor in place of where the smaller portion of the rear seat will fold up, for now anyways. Thanks in advance. 

• By SpitLantra13
      hello all! I am about to start work on a ported enclosure for a single 12" Rockford Power T1 (T112D4) ill mention some basic criteria i used to reach the current design and include photos of where im at in terms of planning, followed up by my questions. 
      So criteria- space lost to box must be minimal while still offering proper volume for sub. sub must be front firing and either front/side ported. (this is to eliminate any chance of cone damage via stuff in the trunk. also would like a plexi viewing window. amp must be hidden and exposed wiring minimal. (clean look)
      current idea/design- as of now im aiming for a 2 cube (pre sub) aero ported enclosure tuned somewhere between 34-36 depending on input. and id like to venture into vinvl wrapping/ designs.i plan on buildiing the box out of 3/4"MDF , on the back side (trunk side) will be the viewing window and complicated wraps/designs. my questions are as follows 1) if im using 3/4" MDF and i router a 1/4" depth to inlay the design, will that compromise box strength for this single 12? 2) my viewing window will be 10ish inches in diameter, do i need 1/2", 3/4" or 1" thickness? 3) it is entirely possible that i could run the aero port through my rear center armrest into the cabin, effectively making this a blowthrough ,should that be done? thank you in advance for any input.  

• By Joe f
      I'm looking at building my first 4th order for a sundown zv4 rev2 15"d2. I have experience building custom boxes but have never built a bandpass. I'm not sure on what ratio to go with. I like lows but would really like something musical. It's going in a extended cab f150 powered by a shark [email protected] Could someone tell me how many cubes for the sealed and ported side and how many sqin my port should be and what's the best to tune it at? Any info is greatly appreciated!
    • By Paul Kadoshnikov
      In regards to the image, here is my design for 2 warden 21" subs. Box is about 17.5 cubes total after displacement and some bracing. Port will be about 12" wide by 22.5" (internal dimensions) long about 33hz tuning (270" port area).
      So my question is, I can leave the spot underneath the port without a separator wall, or I can add a separator shown on the right. Aside from adding bracing to the box, would it lower port tuning a little? (in the thought of the air will hit the divider and move up, as if adding some port length?)
      If the subs allow I may make the port slightly longer, but tuning would max go to 31hz even if i add 6 inches internally to the port. So I dont think I will extend it if the box allows. The port will be pretty close to both woofers.
      I intuitively don't think it'll affect port tuning, but would it cause any issues adding the separator almost up to the port?
      Or if anyone has some input on changing where the port goes. The sides are very close to the vehicle walls so a port to the side may not be the best. And there isnt room to port forward.

• Who's Online   12 Members, 0 Anonymous, 121 Guests (See full list)