Bump4life's SuperCapacitor Overview and Testing

I like the vendor idea.

if i have at least 10 people to start it off id do it i guess. i might as well sell my custom alts that are able to charge these caps reliably as well.

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

If your alts are priced competitively I may be very interested.

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

Luckily work is slow so I got to read it all..

So to my understanding, you'd need 6 caps for a bank, correct?

And with my set up nendo 3.5k @.5 w/ Singer 270 how many banks would I need?

Also, I can purchase them from you correct?

33y2914.jpg

Team Subsonic Lows

Get your garbage EMF products of my amp bitch

Man....it makes a nice work bench ;)

You will probably have better results, if you don't have any batts wired with them. Wire straight from alt to caps.

thats what ive heard. but for daily batteries are a must!! caps only store energy dont create energy by chemical reaction like batteries do!!

the amount of energy stored by batteries is so much more than caps. the reason why caps are awesome is because they instantly react to power demands where as the alternator and batteries take time to react. idk if that sounds wierd.

So basically if we put caps vs batteries on a graph the caps would be much more stable as far as voltage drop for a short period of time? As to batteries would have a much steeper slope for dropping off your voltage? But the only question i got is what happens when your caps are all out of stored power? Im sure it doesnt take long to suck the stored energy right out of these things and if the alternator cant keep up then what? Idk much about these, they are new to me but i can only see them good for maybe burping or trying to get all the power you can instantly for a very short period of time... Maybe idk what im talking about im just throwing some thoughts out there.

"Toyota Camry rebuild page 21 (link)http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183768-94-crossfire-camry-18s-walled-singer-alt-has-arrived-rebuild-starts-pg-10/page-21

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

HOOD. NSB GROUP48 TRUNK SMS AGM400

DUAL RUNS X SCORP 1/0 OFC

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS

I am still mildly interested in cap banks. The part that scares me is the balancing aspect. I don't know shit about them and really don't want one blowing up right behind the seat where my 3 yr. old daughter rides.....

active, passive, what's right for me? Where do I hook them into the scheme of things in MY ride. I wanna keep batteries as well, with multiple cap banks do I just hook positives per cap bank like I would batteries? What do you have to connect the caps together per bank? Will the balancing thing ever wear out? How do I know if it is wore out? What should I look out for in the long run? Blue caps or black caps? How important is controlling their temperature? How do I do the charging thing initially after getting them? etc.etc. so many questions. Maybe lots were answered already but I don't remember, lol. I don't compete so I'm not real concerned on voltage drop ATM but any and all voltage drop sucks, lol

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

I am still mildly interested in cap banks. The part that scares me is the balancing aspect. I don't know shit about them and really don't want one blowing up right behind the seat where my 3 yr. old daughter rides.....

active, passive, what's right for me? Where do I hook them into the scheme of things in MY ride. I wanna keep batteries as well, with multiple cap banks do I just hook positives per cap bank like I would batteries? What do you have to connect the caps together per bank? Will the balancing thing ever wear out? How do I know if it is wore out? What should I look out for in the long run? Blue caps or black caps? How important is controlling their temperature? How do I do the charging thing initially after getting them? etc.etc. so many questions. Maybe lots were answered already but I don't remember, lol. I don't compete so I'm not real concerned on voltage drop ATM but any and all voltage drop sucks, lol

neither me or bump balance our caps and have had no issues. We use the blue maxwell caps. We had toolmaker bus bars and straps made .75 and .625 thick.

to charge initially we took 6 50 ohm resistors and hooked the charger to that until about 6 volts then disconnected that until i was at 12. The process was done for 3 banks and took about 30-60 mins if i recall.

29lxrmd.jpg

Today I charged 6 Blues to 18.2 volts to test, they did fine for 30 second test, I wouldn't recommend that height for extended periods of time but wow these things are powerful and can take some heavy abuse so charging them at rated voltage is nothing on them lol.

TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH

TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain

3x Streetbeat World Record Holder

2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 
2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4
2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4
2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db
2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db
2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4
2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db
2011 MWSPL 4th place: Adv3 - 157.8 db, Kaos2 - 150s db, Xtreme4 - 140s db
2010 ARSPL 1st place 501-750 - 160.3 db Arkansas loudest

Best score to date 164.4 db - Termlab Outlaw

Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db

Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db

MWSPL on Dash Legal door open (Music) - 162.5 db

Sealed on dash Legal (Music) - 161.1 db - Termlab

THE BLACK NASTY CURRENT BUILD & FAB

The Black Nasty (6) 15 Rebuild Log 2012

(4) 15 Walled Sierra Build Log

Evo X build log

Facebook page The Black Nasty

16163044_large.gif

neither me or bump balance our caps and have had no issues. We use the blue maxwell caps. We had toolmaker bus bars and straps made .75 and .625 thick.

to charge initially we took 6 50 ohm resistors and hooked the charger to that until about 6 volts then disconnected that until i was at 12. The process was done for 3 banks and took about 30-60 mins if i recall.

29lxrmd.jpg

Also by connected them like that you are limiting the effectiveness of the caps. They should be individually linked then bused together at the ends, You are allowing for way more voltage differences among each cap the way you have them connected.

TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH

TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain

3x Streetbeat World Record Holder

2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 
2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4
2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4
2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db
2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db
2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4
2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db
2011 MWSPL 4th place: Adv3 - 157.8 db, Kaos2 - 150s db, Xtreme4 - 140s db
2010 ARSPL 1st place 501-750 - 160.3 db Arkansas loudest

Best score to date 164.4 db - Termlab Outlaw

Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db

Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db

MWSPL on Dash Legal door open (Music) - 162.5 db

Sealed on dash Legal (Music) - 161.1 db - Termlab

THE BLACK NASTY CURRENT BUILD & FAB

The Black Nasty (6) 15 Rebuild Log 2012

(4) 15 Walled Sierra Build Log

Evo X build log

Facebook page The Black Nasty

16163044_large.gif

Do explain

Also, a large bank like that one where would one hook it into the system? So all that top is positive and all the bottom is negative? Then do I ground it like a battery? I know I am very noob when it comes to these things.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Archived