Krakin's Gaming PC: New MSI 980 Ti

^^^ Cool.

I always wanted a dedicated headphone amp like that, but just got so mixed up on if I wanted something digital, or one of those tube ones you put together yourself, and always wondered if it would even make a noticeable difference being that I already have a dedicated Onkyo home receiver that I use just for my headphones.

As for the SSD speeds, just thought Id share this.

Ran Crystal Disk quick when I took a shower, than after that I did the Samsung Magician software, and theres bit a difference in speeds. Granted both programs use different sized synthetic files for the tests Im assuming, but I still think the Magician numbers are somewhat bloated and every time you run the Magician test your numbers can very by a huge amount!! The varience in Crystal Disk seems minimal at best, which to me seems more accurate.

1rk5.jpg

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well the magician program finishes in like 10 seconds lol, can't be a big file. Not to mention it is probably very optimized to show off the rapid feature.

But for a headphone amp I will not suggest anything but a Schiit amp, not because I have only owned this one, but because of the attitude the founders of the company have, their back ground, and doing everything possible to have every bit of their amps and components US built/made/assembled.

They also only sell direct, no dealers. This greatly decreases cost on the consumer end.

Another thing is to not even worry about sales, specials, or anything like that as they do no offer any. Their prices are set, and then stay there.

After conversing a bit with someone at the company to see if I would actually enjoy headphone audio, they referred me to the book the founder is writing.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/701900/schiit-happened-the-story-of-the-worlds-most-improbable-start-up

These guys are amazing at what they have done and do.

http://schiit.com/about

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Well the magician program finishes in like 10 seconds lol, can't be a big file. Not to mention it is probably very optimized to show off the rapid feature.

Which leaves you the question is it accurate, or a biased test?

Things to take into consideration is that the drive is made by samsung, as well as the program. It wouldnt be a great promotion tool to sell samsung drives if the tests didnt show a huge performance from it.

I notice no different from magician, or even the rapid feature even tho the numbers on their program prove otherwise. But this could just be placebo effect all over again.

No difference than Samsung cheating on their cell phone benchmarks and claiming to be the fastest. http://www.engadget.com/2013/11/26/futuremark-delists-cheating-samsung-galaxy-note-htc-one/

Which makes me say if they cheated several times with other products why would there be any change with this magician program?

Im just very skeptical on things, and to me red flags are raised when I cant take a different brand benchmark software and get similar numbers.

To me its really no different than someone claiming a 150db on a BoomStick, Termlab, B&K, AudioControl, SPL Labs. Just because each meter shows a 150db, does it mean its really a 150db, or are some of these meters reading higher than others? Which I think we all know that answer because it was proven beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Could be, I kinda look at it as its making a simple ram disk and caching often used programs. Could be wrong though, and either way I dont for see it as being something all around special and will determine the leading edge of SSD drives with the software. The drives are fast and solid as it stands, and Im sure intel or someone can do something similar.

SATA III Maxes out at 6GB/s, that has to be artificial.

All of the speed tests are inflated due to the Samsung software using system DRAM to cache data for the SSD. The numbers would likely be much lower if they ran CrystalDiskMark with a 5GB test instead of a 50MB test as the Samsung software only uses up to 1GB of DRAM as a cache.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

So it turns out that the Samsung Magician program screws up BF4 like crazy, I would get constant stuttering that would basically pause the game every 5 seconds..

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

SATA III Maxes out at 6GB/s, that has to be artificial.

All of the speed tests are inflated due to the Samsung software using system DRAM to cache data for the SSD. The numbers would likely be much lower if they ran CrystalDiskMark with a 5GB test instead of a 50MB test as the Samsung software only uses up to 1GB of DRAM as a cache.
I wonder if you increased the size of the windows paging file if that would change anything. Probably not, but just an idea.

Archived