Second Skin Audio

Displacement of a Sundown X-12

King_N9ne

Anyone know? Can't find any specs, still. These and the Zv4's been out forever now and there still exclusive. Id appreciate the help

97 2dr GTP

140a AD244

DH platinum group 32

0awg welding cable

SAZ-2500 / X-12

JVC Arsenal KD-A95BT

Sony coaxials and factory tweets

30mm (70% BL method).

Not Xmech, displacement.

That is Xmax not Xmech, to get displacement you multiply Sd (effective radiation area) by Xmax given above, if you own the sub you can estimate indirectly Sd measuring the effective diameter, displacement as such is never (to my knowledge) specified by manufacturers.

If you are aiming to calculate port area the method above will be accurate enough, besides the use of Small's method for port area calculation is questionable as most people are not expected to hit Xmax at least for daily use, chances are you are going to end up with a bigger than necessary.enclosure.

To be a little more helpful the Sd for the X-12 is unofficially 457 square centimeters and Xmax is 30 mm. You need to change the units of these two numbers to whatever units you want your displacement number on and then multiply them Vd (displacement) = Sd x Xmax.

To be a little more helpful the Sd for the X-12 is unofficially 457 square centimeters and Xmax is 30 mm. You need to change the units of these two numbers to whatever units you want your displacement number on and then multiply them Vd (displacement) = Sd x Xmax.

Wow, Im so confused lol... I didn't know xmax and sd is how you figure out displacement. I thought it was basically the volume that the cone, basket, magnet displaced in static form. Basically if you put the sub in a tub of water and measured what the sub displaces (w/o being completely submerged, the volume that only the box would see). I had no idea it was so complicated. So for example, a 12" type R has a .1ft^3 displacement. Roughly what would an X have?

97 2dr GTP

140a AD244

DH platinum group 32

0awg welding cable

SAZ-2500 / X-12

JVC Arsenal KD-A95BT

Anyone know? Can't find any specs, still. These and the Zv4's been out forever now and there still exclusive. Id appreciate the help

For the x-12 it's .12cuft and the woofers needs 3cuft NET ported
Thanks. Sounds/looks about right lol. Yeah Im kind of on the fence for what's more important, volume or port area. Im feeding a D2 w/ a saz-2500 @ 1ohm. Im limited to a 5ft^3 gross box. Not sure how much port area per cube it needs, seems a lot of people suggest 18-22. I modeled a box @ 2.5ft^3 w/ 21in /ft^3 @ 30Hz. Not sure if I should sacrifice port for volume. Right now I got it in a 2.5 w/ 12 in/^3 labyrinth @ 32 and I like it, for now, but I know its suffocating. Chuffing like you wouldn't believe lol.

97 2dr GTP

140a AD244

DH platinum group 32

0awg welding cable

SAZ-2500 / X-12

JVC Arsenal KD-A95BT

I think he's looking for box displacement, not mechanical displacement. He's right, Sundown doesn't have it listed yet.

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*

Archived