DC Sound Lab

150 DB with a pair of Lv3 12s?

Good video but using P = IV in AC is completely wrong. That's a DC current equation.

he knows.

BUT THAT CLAMPING METHOD IS STILL THE STANDARD FOR CAR AUDIO until something like the AD-1 or the new D'Amore tool comes out to the public in high supply.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Petty cool, but not to be a negative nancy, all i could gather from that was throw over rated power to subs, in a slightly bog box with a lot of port and from what i can tell tune high and play high.

Am I way off here?

Then you missed the meaning of the video. The power they saw was between RMS and Peak , The box they were in was the correct size, i wouldn't over power a sub and put them in a huge box, DCs dont like it. For true SPL comps you dont pick the freq your going to play at, the car and system tells you, Once you know it you build for that.

I thought peak was irrelevant. And what were you tuned to? I'm just curious. I guess I don't get it. It just seems like you are saying you didn't even plan anything, you just built a box near what it should be and then just threw more power at the subs till you hit the numbers you wanted.

No tuning is always involved, you will never be able to peak out any box without tuning

DC AUDIO

Phone Number

1(855)SPL-DBZZ

Built by Competitors, for Competitors.

• 3 weeks later...

I personally like the video. You emphasized that there was no tried and true formula for any given install and that to get the high numbers takes experimentation.

Edit: oops sorry didn't see the thread was 3 weeks old lol.

Edited by Souldrop

1997 Lexus ES300

HU - Pioneer MVH 7350

Processor - Helix DSP

Front Stage - JBL P660C

Mid/high amp - Alpine PDX-F4

Subs - 1 IA Death Penalty 12

Sub Amp - Cactus Sounds PF300.1