Second Skin Audio

SlamingSuburban's new enclosure

CleanSierra

This will be a build I do in the next couple of days for a forum member Slamingsuburban. He's had afew setups in his 2003 Suburban, but will now be going all out. He has 3 subs and all amps/batts as of now. The 4th is ordered and just awaiting shipping. The box will have lots of port and should move some air and get loud doing it. I will not promise numbers, but it should be a crowd pleaser. The cut sheet is done and I will be starting tomorrow. It will have a triple baffle and double walled everywhere else.

I haven't yet asked him about how he wants sub orientation, but I'm sure he will text and let me know. Here is what I have so far:

Option 1:

3DofADAMSBOX.png

Option 2:

3DOFBOXOPTION2.png

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha, I don't have to ship it at all. I can't imagine how crazy shipping(freight only) would cost on this monster. He is local on the west side of the valley like me. He probably lives 15-20 minutes. I'll post pics when I get started. It really will not take long since its a big rectangular box. He wants it painted so I can't wait to get started.

I found some new body filler that I THINK I'm gonna be in love with. Think Rage GOLD for $20/gallon :peepwall:

No way! Kick ass deal.

Dude I can't wait to see this thing. I know the finish is going to be amazing. Did I already say that? You have set the bar very high for yourself my friend.

IMO your enclosures are the best looking on the forum. I wish I could fill/sand/prime and paint like you.

I have seen you post stuff saying you were in a hurry and it still looked great.

Thank you, I really appreciate it. There are definitely better on the forum. I learned from my dad and maybe it's just in the blood. I'll do my best. We are on somewhat of a time constraint, he needs it playing by the 7th. He's still waiting on the sub though so it can't play without that. Hopefully the sub isn't what holds him back from wailing on this thing. I expect good numbers, but won't make any promises. I have a number in my head that I would like to see at a specific frequency as well. If it happened it happens, if not then oh well.

Option 2 all day. I was wondering when you were gonna post this.

I threw the sub holes on last minute and just saved them eqi-distant. In reality, they will be toward the back of the enclosure, away from the port opening to avoid unloading. I think it will get kinda/sorta loud ;)

If it doesn't get loud with this kind of cone area, I may quit the game haha

Archived