still dimming after 3 different upgrades

No I used the wire that was already run by the previous owner of the truck. I intend to get 0 gauge 100% copper and a rockford 10 fared capacitor. Just haven't made it that far yet. It is 4 gauge and the biggest the amp would except was 4 gauge so I thought it would work fine till I got the other amp an 2 more 10's. I guess I was wrong.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Come tax season the inter project will be completed, but for now I'm going to get the 0 gauge power wire and the cap. The reason for the 10 farad rockford capacitor is its 50 more than a 2 farad and had a distribution block built in.

Had the alt tested hot and a whopping 105 amps. I'm so disappointed, but it still better than the stock alt at around 90 amps. My setup runs well for the most part, it's just a few songs that my lights dim on. I'm guessing that the power wire works just fine for now. I will be getting a second battery and the 10 fared rockford cap for starters. I know that my current power wire won't hold up when a second amp is put in to my mix. So once I find the rite wire I'm looking for that will be step 2.

Archived