DC Sound Lab

Price of a Recone vs selling? DC LVL 4's lvl 5 coils.

There is no such thing.

Unless you have a older M1 style level 4, and then if I remember correct they only came in dual 2 and dual 4 ohm models. So if you wanted a dual 1 ohm model you got it with the level 5 coil, with only difference being the impedance difference and a slight difference in winding height (but its been a long while since I messed with the old DC stuff).

The newer M2 line of motors are slightly different.

A level 4 and level 4 XL woofer are 3 inch coil woofers.

A level 5 is a 3.5 inch coil woofer.

Which makes it impossible to put a level 5 coil in a level 4 or XL woofer, or for that matter put a level 4 or XL coil in a level 5 woofer.

If your in need of a recone goto CJ18's website, they will take great care of you

http://www.droppinhzcaraudio.com/index.php?cPath=31_32

We do have all of the recones available for purchase through our site.

With m1 Level 4s, if you get the regular m2 Level 4 recone and select the m1 option, it will be built to fit your m1 subs, but will be built with all of the m2 parts.

The m2 Level 4 now uses what was the m1 XL coil. If you want to get the XL upgrade, this will get you the new m2 XL coil and upgrade the spider pack as well.

There is no such thing.

Unless you have a older M1 style level 4, and then if I remember correct they only came in dual 2 and dual 4 ohm models. So if you wanted a dual 1 ohm model you got it with the level 5 coil, with only difference being the impedance difference and a slight difference in winding height (but its been a long while since I messed with the old DC stuff).

The newer M2 line of motors are slightly different.

A level 4 and level 4 XL woofer are 3 inch coil woofers.

A level 5 is a 3.5 inch coil woofer.

Which makes it impossible to put a level 5 coil in a level 4 or XL woofer, or for that matter put a level 4 or XL coil in a level 5 woofer.

If your in need of a recone goto CJ18's website, they will take great care of you

http://www.droppinhzcaraudio.com/index.php?cPath=31_32

My Dc's are the original & the first product line rusty came out with and introduced to SMD so yes they are the first version he created.

As far as reconing, I'm upgrading to the XL's, me and rusty are talking.

I was just wondering if I could sell them how they are, and how much would they be worth?

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

Alright, sounds good.

Honestly motors and baskets are not worth much blown, your maybe talking about a $200ish including shipping used, but if you go ahead and spend the money to recone them first and then tried selling them with "fresh recones that never been mounted in a box or seen power" you will be able to get a tad bit more for them, of coarse condition of the motor will matter a little bit too like scratches and what not.

I moved your thread to the DC section since it be more help to you, but it seems like CJ also replied, and if your talking with Rusty you should be on the right path already ;)

Alright, sounds good.

Honestly motors and baskets are not worth much blown, your maybe talking about a $200ish including shipping used, but if you go ahead and spend the money to recone them first and then tried selling them with "fresh recones that never been mounted in a box or seen power" you will be able to get a tad bit more for them, of coarse condition of the motor will matter a little bit too like scratches and what not.

I moved your thread to the DC section since it be more help to you, but it seems like CJ also replied, and if your talking with Rusty you should be on the right path already ;)

Alright, sounds good.

thanks.

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19