Quality Power alternator

The 140 that they make is in the stock size case and this 160 is in a larger case than stock so I don't think its a rebadged 140. Also I am not sure why the pulley is larger than my stock one. I tried to take my stock pulley off and install it on this alt but the shaft on the new one is larger making me more sure its not a 140. From what they told me they just started using this new larger case 160 for the last 3 months. Maybe after this they will build them with smaller pulleys??

I guess I will see how it works.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Ok well everyone was right. This alt sucks and it can not be putting out 160amps.

I just got to work and while driving down the freeway with a good bass song on the lights would dim.never did that with

The stock alt. With the stock alt it would only do it at idle.

I even tried to increase my rpms but no change so a smaller pulley isnt going to help

This will get returned and I have contacted mechman for a quote.

Should have listened.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Ok I just got off the phone with rich from quality powe.I said I wanted send it back for a refund. He asked what size wire I had going from alt to battery. I have 1/0 with a 200 amp fuse. He said that was over kill and I should be running no bigger than 4 gauge wire.he compared it to running a large water hose were you get no pressure and that it could cause voltage drop

Doesnt make sense to me. When I get home I will run 4 gauge just for the hell of it but I doubt that will help. The alt will be going back.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Ordered a 200amp Singer alt for $409 for my car. Includes shipping and plenty of power for my 2K system. Mike even said with my set up it would be good for 3K. I look forward to its arrival. You ALWAYS get what you pay for. I wasnt wanting to pay 600-700 like i founf with other companies so this was right in my budget.

Ok well everyone was right. This alt sucks and it can not be putting out 160amps.

I just got to work and while driving down the freeway with a good bass song on the lights would dim.never did that with

The stock alt. With the stock alt it would only do it at idle.

I even tried to increase my rpms but no change so a smaller pulley isnt going to help

This will get returned and I have contacted mechman for a quote.

Should have listened.

You should watch the comparison video by Mechman. I just got a quote for my car from Mechman.

It helped me understand the difference the internals make. You definitely get what you pay for.

That was prettt stupid about the size of wire.

This is going back and I will get a good one from either mechman or singer.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Archived