Quality Power alternator

That was prettt stupid about the size of wire.

This is going back and I will get a good one from either mechman or singer.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

If they have to put "quality" or "excessive" or anything like that in their brand name. Chances are they are complete shit.

So what makes you think that? I'm running a 300 amp "Excessive" amperage alternator and it does great.. good choice OP,I was going to recommend Mechman,Excessive Amperage,D.C. power and Singer but you're going about it right now. A friend of mine has one of those Ebay alts and it doesn't do half bad but I've been telling him to get rid of it and get a better one but he doesn't want to listen..

if you want to do it on the cheap still and not run a lot of power, just ask mike if he can rebuild it for you. I sent my stock alt to him for general maintenance and he was able to tweak it so that it was 130a instead of stock 90a

Ok I just got off the phone with rich from quality powe.I said I wanted send it back for a refund. He asked what size wire I had going from alt to battery. I have 1/0 with a 200 amp fuse. He said that was over kill and I should be running no bigger than 4 gauge wire.he compared it to running a large water hose were you get no pressure and that it could cause voltage drop

Doesnt make sense to me. When I get home I will run 4 gauge just for the hell of it but I doubt that will help. The alt will be going back.

HAHAHAHAHA that guy has absolutely zero understanding of the most basic concepts of electricity. I can't belive he is "building" and selling alts lol too funny

Team NorthWestSPL

If they have to put "quality" or "excessive" or anything like that in their brand name. Chances are they are complete shit.

So what makes you think that? I'm running a 300 amp "Excessive" amperage alternator and it does great.. good choice OP,I was going to recommend Mechman,Excessive Amperage,D.C. power and Singer but you're going about it right now. A friend of mine has one of those Ebay alts and it doesn't do half bad but I've been telling him to get rid of it and get a better one but he doesn't want to listen..

Shit, excessive is mechman isn't it? nevermind.

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

Ok swapped back to my 70 amp stocker and all is well. No dimming at same volume level and lights don't dim at idle. Idle does drop when system is running at a good volume. I just want to make sure that my new CT1400 amp that is coming is going to get good power to it.

So I called and I am sending it back for them to look at. He seems to think that now that there is more power going to the amp its pulling more power. It will be staying there after they get it. I don't want it back.

WTF! Its just a kenwood that's rated at 500 RMS 2 ohms at 14.4 and I am no were near that. Maybe 300W after all is said and done. I would think a 160 amp alt would keep up with that load. ?????

I have sent for quote to Mechman and Singer. Havent heard back yet.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Guest DC Power Kyle

The issue is that you got a reworked stator which will give you crap idle output. It's nothing about your stereo system but rather when they changed the stators configuration they shifted the power curve from lower idle output to higher top end output. You can't have both in this case. Do you have a picture of the alternator they sent you?

The issue is that you got a reworked stator which will give you crap idle output. It's nothing about your stereo system but rather when they changed the stators configuration they shifted the power curve from lower idle output to higher top end output. You can't have both in this case. Do you have a picture of the alternator they sent you?

No its back in the box and in my truck ready to be shipped. I sent DC power a quote so hopfully I hear back. I talked with mike at singer and got his options. Still waiting on mechman and excessive to get back to me. Never thought it would be such a pain trying to find an alternator.

On another note with my stock alt back in I can tell a pretty big different in sound. It definitely sounded louder and cleaner with the other alt.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Im sorry for the trouble you had with your alt - but it doesnt suprice me at all!

Thanks God, Mike Singer was able to produced a bad ass alt for my 'exotic' ride. Dont try to save money on the heart of your electrical system and went with the companys that makes reliable and well designed Alts! The time you loose on dealing with cheap companys is also usefull!

Mercedes-Benz SLK 230

Pioneer P99 | Helix DSP Pro | DLS Scandinavia 6/2 | Audison Thesis MT 3.0 | Micro Precision Z-28MKII | Hertz Mille 2500.3 | Steg K4.02 | Steg K2.03 | 2x Steg K2.02 | Optima YT 3,7 & 2,7 | Helix DPC | Brax IPC | Stinger HPM | Audison Sonus | Big 5 | 0 & 2 Gauge |

You won't be disappointed with Singer's alt. I know that I sure as hell love mine.

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Archived