Quality Power alternator

Good for DC, they had 2 alts for my car and out of stock on the cheaper one which was $650 & only had their high end one for $775 + shipping. That's crazy high!

Check out a 370XP for a GM ;)

I know they have quality products but my cars not a show car so i dont need a billet aluminum alt. The are for higher end builds for show. I just need bigger than stock for a fair price and Stinger offered that. He is a hell of guy!

is stinger a new brand?

Good for DC, they had 2 alts for my car and out of stock on the cheaper one which was $650 & only had their high end one for $775 + shipping. That's crazy high!

Check out a 370XP for a GM ;)

I know they have quality products but my cars not a show car so i dont need a billet aluminum alt. The are for higher end builds for show. I just need bigger than stock for a fair price and Stinger offered that. He is a hell of guy!

is stinger a new brand?

Actually no,STINGER electronics do make HO alts for vehicles,I had a 220 amp STINGER on my s10. They're actually built by Aamp of America in Tampa,FL.. Just had my Stinger alt rebuilt by EA and now it's pushing closer to 240 amps

Guest DC Power Kyle

Billet is only necessary for us when we need to put something that works into a vehicle that hasn't been done before. :) It's easy to do stock cases with upgraded internals and have a bad time 95% of the time.

Ok I just got off the phone with rich from quality powe.I said I wanted send it back for a refund. He asked what size wire I had going from alt to battery. I have 1/0 with a 200 amp fuse. He said that was over kill and I should be running no bigger than 4 gauge wire.he compared it to running a large water hose were you get no pressure and that it could cause voltage drop

Doesnt make sense to me. When I get home I will run 4 gauge just for the hell of it but I doubt that will help. The alt will be going back.

ok i have to bring this back up.. and how big of a laugh it gave me... it really did make my morning :rofl: :rofl:

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

• 1 month later...

Something kinda funny. Excessive alt just today returned my email from Nov. Just told him I ordered from dc and have it installed and that getting back to me 8 weeks later was lame.

Also talked with dc about raising my charging voltage. They offer a 15v set point reg but are waiting for plugs. The is set to 14 so that's why I sit at 13.7 charging. I think I may have drained my battery a bit on the way to work this morning. It was hard to start. It's on a charger now.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Something kinda funny. Excessive alt just today returned my email from Nov. Just told him I ordered from dc and have it installed and that getting back to me 8 weeks later was lame.

Also talked with dc about raising my charging voltage. They offer a 15v set point reg but are waiting for plugs. The is set to 14 so that's why I sit at 13.7 charging. I think I may have drained my battery a bit on the way to work this morning. It was hard to start. It's on a charger now.

sorry to hear your experience with EA,mine has been great so I can't complain. I can tell you that he's been on vacation for awhile and that he's making some changes to the company because of the high demand. He's hired someone else to help with giving quotes and also help doing some building,I might be going to help him part time on the weekends as well so it will get much better, He knows that some people weren't happy with response times so he's been planning on this for a while. Good luck with yours but it's a DC so you should be fine.

Ok I just got off the phone with rich from quality powe.I said I wanted send it back for a refund. He asked what size wire I had going from alt to battery. I have 1/0 with a 200 amp fuse. He said that was over kill and I should be running no bigger than 4 gauge wire.he compared it to running a large water hose were you get no pressure and that it could cause voltage drop

Doesnt make sense to me. When I get home I will run 4 gauge just for the hell of it but I doubt that will help. The alt will be going back.

HAHA OH MY FUCKING GOD

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

Archived