Fj Cruiser Upgrades...alot To See In Here

All it really needs now is for me to get the big three finished up, and It needs one hell of a wash /wax /detail .

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties

• 2 weeks later...

got off my ass and did my big 3 today. Well 2 out of 3 anyway. I could not find a engine to body ground on this vehicle. I know a braided flat metal wire.... Not here. I wasn't in the mood to get real dirty so i got the other two done.

It is a pain in the ass trying to solder outside on a windy day...

Posted Image

I used a 4g wire for the little wire the factory has going from the battery post to the body. And remember, that 1/0 negative you see soldered up like crap was my first try at soldering 1/0 a few weeks back when I did all the other stuff.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Look close and you will see my wire on top of the factory wire for the negative to engine block wire.

Posted Image

I went ahead and fused my positive to alternator wire , just for as a precaution.

Posted Image

Nothing sticking up too high....

Posted Image

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

just moving it up cause I put all the links in from the other stuff I have done over the last year. I Will go ahead and put them here too, just so you don't have to go back and hunt them down...

thanks. Comments appreciated...

my sound deadener install thread on the fj cruiser forums

part two of the above thread

The 9887 and imprint install and mini-review..

My Kulicki Box Build

• 4 weeks later...

Ordered some street wires battery terminals and put them in today. Also, check out my Kulicki box...

box build thread

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

My Kulicki Box Build

You can't see it in the pics, but I did go over each 0 gauge wire with the torch and solder and cleaned them up good. The first time around was my literal first attempt at soldering with a torch. I had to replace a few ring connectors and heat shrink. This was part of what I did today...

Dustin took a listen to it tonight. He should be able to vouch for just how this truck now sounds...:)

My Kulicki Box Build

You can't see it in the pics, but I did go over each 0 gauge wire with the torch and solder and cleaned them up good. The first time around was my literal first attempt at soldering with a torch. I had to replace a few ring connectors and heat shrink. This was part of what I did today...

Dustin took a listen to it tonight. He should be able to vouch for just how this truck now sounds...:)

that imprint is no JOKE!!!!

the JL's sound so balanced and nice. they arent harsh or to crisp, but just right!

the woofers in that box absolutely go crazy.

the horn is definately a nice addition for those subs ;)

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg