Second Skin Audio

prefab box 4 L7

Desousa93

Hey Guys i was just wondering what the community thinks about this box..i copied the description below

http://m.ebay.com/itm/300457786772?nav=VI&sbk=1

*Big ports and a divider separating left and right chambers.

*Built solid for deep clean bass

*Tuned at about 35 hertz

*Dimensions: Width 38, Height 15.25, Depth 30

*About 8cuft of air space

:domodance: :domodance::morepower1:New Build in the Making :morepower1: :domodance: :domodance:

1999 Infiniti I30 Limited

if you break a rule and argue with n8 your going to get banned. suspended if your lucky.

I would ask for more pics, I dont see any bracing. "About 35hz" seems a little vague...lol. I would also ask for detailed measurements, especially of the ports. Plug all the info into torres and see what it gives you tuning wise.

Screw that, plastic inserts. Then $145 for box and $100 shipping. You could build that box for a $100. And then now you have a sturdy box. Brace it and dont to those cheap plastic inserts, because if it's thin plastic, it's going to give an unpleasant sound vibration. Just do it your self, you'll be more happy in the long run.

truthsayer

Welcome to the forum.

And to shoot straight with you, don't take offense, but that box is pretty weak.

Pre fab boxes are always made as cheap as possible. It will flex like a mofo.

If you (or a friend) have the right tools you could build one much better for less money.

The description says it is " guaranteed to withstand at least 155 decibels" which is funny in a lot of ways.

It's probably made of 1/2" or 5/8" wood.

Looks like it costs 150 and shipping is another 100. Not worth it IMO.

So it appears to have 1.5" of wood running vertically from front to back. The only thing that concerns me is the lack of a double baffle for flex reasons. And I don't know the tune without knowing port specs. It looks like a it would take 3 sheets of MDF since the top and bottom would eat up one sheet alone(plus the chamber dividers that they have). that's $100 roughly, depending on your area. Glue and screws you'd have another $20 or so. Id throw another baffle on top wick you SHOULD have enough wood for with 3 sheets. You could build a much more quality box for around $120-140 and eliminate shipping costs.

All you need is a design from someone on the forum ;)

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Welcome to the forum.

It will flex like a mofo.

The description says it is " guaranteed to withstand at least 155 decibels" which is funny in a lot of ways.

^^^^^^This.

I would like to see someone that actually bought one measure how much that single baffle flexes though. I mean roughly 8" wide strips of wood in one direction and maybe 5" wide strips in the other? Barely enough to hold the subs much less control them when they're moving. No bueno.

Static drops are my bag.

thanks guys..

onto another question...

What should i tune my box too? i listen to alot of rap from Biggie to Gucci to Waka Flocka to 2 Chainz...

should i start a new thread to talk more about my sub setup?

:domodance: :domodance::morepower1:New Build in the Making :morepower1: :domodance: :domodance:

1999 Infiniti I30 Limited

if you break a rule and argue with n8 your going to get banned. suspended if your lucky.

Archived