I guess it's time I start my build thread.

The idea is re-paint the expo all black. Black out head lights and tail lights and grill and stuff. Solid black rims. Gonna put double 5% from rear doors to back hatch for window tint. Gonna put 20% of driver n passenger door. Gonna put 35% on front windshield. Gonna keep all lights inside the cab green. Gonna put green HID's I think. Might go blue. Idea is to make the car blacked out on the outside. With all the instruments and stuff with green lights will make it look like inside a black hawk with the green lights from the controls and radar and night vision. Basically hear me before you even see me on top of you.

Guess id start the thread with my recent started project on the car. Digital volt meter.

I see how a ton of you guys have them in your dash boards and stuff. Me no like, So I seen someones thread where they had put them in there flip down section of the console on roof. So I liked how it look and i decided it was me so I did it today. I got the wires ran, every thing hooked up. Just gotta make a plate for the face to hide the wires and drill one hole to runt he wires thru to hide them completely.

IMG_2217_zpsd6edd078.jpg

Tuned in for sure on this build. love the black hawk theme.

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

06 Chevy Colorado

Boss BV8963

PRV mids/highs

Sky High 1/0 OFC

TM Metalworkz battery terminalsSinger 260 Amp Alt

DC Audio 175.4 4 channel amp

DC Audio 5k Amp<p>

(3) DC Audio level 3 15" subs

2015 Member of TEAM DC

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update, Got my first layer of tint done today. Would of got front windshield done but with the crappy weather i wouldn't of really been able to see out of it. Still gotta go back and get my 2nd layer of 5% done. Gonna be double 5% all around with 35% on front windshield. The driver and passenger door had no tint at all on them in the first picture.

Quick pic before the tint went on. All tint you see on is factory 20% which will have double 5% on top of it. why the back is darker than the drive and passenger door in the after tint pictures. When its done you wont be able to see in it no matter how close you get to it or what kind of light you use.

IMG_2347_zps652710bb.jpg

After with the first layer of 5% on.

IMG_2348_zps2db4bcc1.jpg

IMG_2349_zps7a8de7e6.jpg

tint is one of htose things that helps out so much. Its also the one thing you never hear anyone complain about as long as its done right. Good step there.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

• 3 weeks later...

Well two days ago my head unit died on me :/ so I had to get a new one. I had the pioneer avh-x1500 after having it I really liked it and the functions of it so I decided to stay with pioneer and get a better series this time. So it then became a toss up between the x3600 or the x5600 series. So I just went with the x5600 series cause it has a bigger screen and a bunch of other neat things.

http://www.pioneerel...rs/AVH-X5600BHS

So Since i bought that I also decided to buy the sirius xm radio reciever for my head unit so I can add it and have my Xm radio lol. I also bought that cheap back up camera on there. Figure what the hell its 14$ why not right? If it works for 15 back ups then I'm good.

tint is one of htose things that helps out so much. Its also the one thing you never hear anyone complain about as long as its done right. Good step there.

The cops here do!! Mostly state troopers, tho! lol

2000 zx2: Rebuild with 8 12s on a 10k underway!!

MY BUILD LOG

Archived