Hell yea man! Glad you got a log going up! Serious work done on this thing through and through. You said it's been done for a while so I am awaiting vids. !!

Thanks man

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got the carpet cleaned and put back in so we started on deadening the rear and running wires in the rear.2013-01-26191320_zps5e76e4c3.jpg2013-01-26191306_zpsdaaf785e.jpg2013-01-26191314_zpsc3d44900.jpgI'll have to post more later when I get off work,just got called in since the rain is done.

Good motor, I couldn't get close enough on mobile to recognize it as the 4.3. My best friend had the 2.2L I'm a regular cab, while Extreme and it was the slowest turd ever. The extended cabs were like 50/50, at least here in Phoenix, if they had a 4 banger or the 6 in them. Nice truck and good work you're putting in, keep it up.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

nice build! Looks like the previous install was pretty nice. Sucks about the hole in the cab corner. But that seems to be a pretty common thing with these trucks.

You should post this up over on s10forum.

Yea the original install was done by Performance Mobile Installs years ago but I pretty much gutted everything they did except for the deadener,which I put more on top of..That's the only shop I go to in my city,I've been doing business with the owner for about 7 years now and he cuts me deals all the time. He just recently became an authorized dealer for Digital Designs so that's where I'll be getting my W6.5's from.. And yes those panels are a common rust problem apparently, if you go to rockauto.com you'll see that those bottom cab corners are one of the most popular parts for the S10's.. I shouldn't have any more problems with that though,body shop cut it out,I treated the rust with osphose then we cut a piece off the rounded part of my stock hood that was ruined and welded it on there. I plan on posting it on S10 forum as well,I'm registered on there as well.

Good motor, I couldn't get close enough on mobile to recognize it as the 4.3. My best friend had the 2.2L I'm a regular cab, while Extreme and it was the slowest turd ever. The extended cabs were like 50/50, at least here in Phoenix, if they had a 4 banger or the 6 in them. Nice truck and good work you're putting in, keep it up.

I had a 2.2 xtreme years ago and swore I'd never get another one after that. I love the look of the trucks but I have no use for it if it has the 2.2 in it. I was at the point that I wanted to take my sawzall to the floor board and flinstone that fucker.. lol

All the Dynamat Xtreme you see was from the shops's install and was covered with deadeners I bought,it now has NVX,Stinger and SecondSkin as well as the Dynamat in it,.. 3 layers on the roof,3 layers on back wall(sides)4 layers in the middle of back wall,2 layers on both rear pillar walls(driver side 3rd door)and bout to be 2 layers on doors plus I have some CC foam to put in the doors as well as some Stinger 0.25" foam damping mat to go over all of it.. Oh yeah and some rubberized undercoating spray I'll be using in the doors on top of everything. 2013-02-21211617_zps2c9812ae.jpg2013-02-21210400_zpsa9413886.jpg2013-02-21210405_zpseb0277ee.jpg the deadening did help with the panels but there isn't enough on the driver side panel,it rattles like crazy where the latch and seat belt is so I'll be fixing it when I get back into this mess.

Also made some use out of some small pieces of SS B-stock. My console lid was bowing out from years of moisture and weight on it so I took it apart and saw the plastic that holds down the foam was all cracked up.. So I superglued it,put some of that real stick black duct tape on it then covered with SS.. Worked great,got it's shape back and feels stronger than before..2013-01-29200128_zpsa6a1d9cc-1.jpg2013-01-29200137_zps561d14c6-1.jpg

Archived