03 RF Lancer amp swap. Punch replaces Power series.

Cars dirty but new pics of window tinting, All-Fit front spoiler, and some goodies to come.

https://imgur.com/IJe9uTM

https://imgur.com/PmzFLHR

https://imgur.com/R833goQ

https://imgur.com/rRCrLcx

https://imgur.com/JQrsbHk

https://imgur.com/nWOnH0v

https://imgur.com/SZLjBg6

https://imgur.com/w7B09sT

Bummer. i forgot how to post pics from IMGUR so here's the link. Sorry.

Tires are getting mounted this week. I need to test fitment after i get them back to make sure my lowering coil spring for the rear will still work with these tire and rim combo.

Full front end rebuild: loaded lower A-arm, new brakes, all new bushing.

Rear end: New coils and shock, new bushings for sway bar, new brakes and drums. Full rear end rebuild in 2018.

Engine bay: header wrap, tune up & clean-up.

Sound system: Battery's, amps and subs have to come out to do rear suspension. I would like to change it up in the trunk and make a amp rack and get battery bank in the middle side by side.

Work to start in February, still waiting for parts to come in. 

• 2 weeks later...

IMG_0148_zps5nfycgyt.jpg

Dirty as fuck. Never washed it after paint. I will before next round of upgrades in Feb

IMG_0149_zpsfs5s7qb8.jpg

I have  a new ALL-Fit kit to redo spoiler. I did this in a hurry one day this summer to see how i liked it. Works good and will install better on the next round. $90 each off amazon, 3.5" Kit.

IMG_0154_zpsjtzzraqc.jpg

Rims from hell off of amazon. Took 3 months to get and not the ones i wanted. Prime with free shipping to ALASKA $349. First order was a nice 5 bladed all Black rim with 4x100 lug pattern. 44 days that order went into limbo before amazon self cancelled due to issues. These were the next rims i could get. I dont care for the 8 lug pattern or the polished surface but these are 15" rims instead of 14". I think i might plasti dip the face and leave the black. ?

IMG_0153_zpsrthz15yp.jpg

New rubber, $200 off amazon with free shipping. Amazon will honor it was and then block you from ever ordering that item again so they don't loose there ass on shipping. Its great to in ALASKA...Not.

IMG_0151_zps4b0rwi12.jpg

Rims are 1" wider than stock.

IMG_0155_zps0shpin1b.jpg

Stock rim with winter tires on 1.5" lowering coils.

IMG_0156_zpslvbvtgki.jpg

Yikes... tight fit! I need some of that drop back temporally until i can buy a 50 series tire to help with clearance issues. These are 65 and to tall. I started you-tubing fixes for fender well clearances and ended up buying a fender well lip roller for $40 off amazon to help. Why not right.

IMG_0158_zpsrueh0j8r.jpg 

Front and rear on. Just driver side though. Taking measurement to see what needs modded to make these tires work.

IMG_0159_zpsz2z3nmgm.jpg

So the rear is tighter than the front. Rim width and offset isn't helping but it can be fixed to work. I still have the lowering coils and new shocks to install in this round but all audio equipment in the trunk has to come out to do the work.

I plan to cut inner fender roll down by 3/8" before i roll it. Its a solid 3/4" and that much metal wont roll.

IMG_0160_zpshhctfrvl.jpg

IMG_0157_zpsj0svyrqs.jpg

I didn't do the best job of doing my homework for tire fitment but i can make it work. Improvement in performance and styling was the goal. First rim choice was way better, I am wondering what a Grey surface would look like? Or flat black?

Pics will follow upgrades of front and rear end. Plus under the hood. Its always winter upgrades with my builds and this one should be a good one. Not much in the audio department though. I would love some new 12's and a box design but budget is blown for this year so maybe next year.

• 3 weeks later...

Some goodies for the upgrade have been showing up. Nothing to exciting, i wish it was audio stuff. Tomorrows last day of my MSHA training so Thursday i plan to get the last of the supplies, wash the car and begin tear down.

IMG_0172_zpszx9tdtuc.jpg

This is going to help get clearance for the tires. Excited to use it and see how much flare i can get out of the fenders.

IMG_0173_zpsrwjcp8vq.jpg

Seems well built. $40 off amazon, after use i will give a review. After removing system from trunk i plan to roll the fenders first then tear suspension down.

IMG_0167_zpszxlrlk0c.jpg

I got these in the mail today. Tein coil spring silencers. I am hoping these take some of the spring noise away. Lowering coils compress together at the bottom of the spring causing a bit of noise. I think it might be more the rest of the wore out front parts i am about to replace thats causing it. I don't think these will hurt to try. $10.49 on Ebay.

IMG_0168_zpsx6euxziy.jpg

Installed easily, They had a bead of glue inside to keep them from sliding around. I bought 4 packs to try on all coils.

IMG_0169_zpsyuckiiqg.jpg

Directions show to sandwich the silencer's between coils instead of a continuous wrap.

IMG_0170_zps84qv4qkw.jpg    

I bought  a new STRUT-MATE mounting kits for the top of the coils. Left coil has a Mr. Gasket coil lift $17 + shipping from Ebay. Right coil has a LongAcre racing polyurethane lift $40 + shipping from amazon. Left is a 1" lift, right is 1.25" lift. Left is rubber and softer, right is hard as fuck. Both are meant for a larger diameter coil and doesn't fit really good. Maybe the front coils, we'll see...

IMG_0174_zpsvofqrovv.jpg

So as i was updating this post the UPS guy dropped these off....

IMG_0175_zpskatq6k2c.jpg

Much better fitment and look IMO...

IMG_0176_zpsv5yavhfi.jpg

I think these are the winner for the rear if they do what i want them too. Stock rear coils are loose as fuck with the 350 lbs in the trunk, they currently have one cheap rubber NAPA blocks in each coil to stiffen it up. So i fucked up in a couple ways, first buying cheap lowering coils and new struts. Where it was cheap at first by now i have close to $400 into the front and rear. For about $450 + shipping i could have got some decent adjustable coil over set but then it would be closer to $650.

Second, when i bought my rim and tire set-up my tires are to tall. I needed a 50 series instead of the 205/65/15's i have. So to fix all this i bought the fender roller and all these blocks to shim for clearance, performance and look.

Lesson learned the hard way. Don't go so cheap, but its a fine line because the cars not worth dumping to much into. But it all good lesson and practice for the Malibu.

Picked up supplies yesterday, Cleaned car, and started removing system from trunk. Pretty good progress.

IMG_0182_zpsbuczkzvi.jpg

Much cleaner than it was.

IMG_0181_zpsf2i5gzq4.jpg

I want to relocate the battery's in the spare tire well and build a amp rack to change things up a bit. 

IMG_0184_zpsrerd5ads.jpg

Ton of room, could put 3 batteries in line here. 

IMG_0185_zps0dql3tkt.jpg

IMG_0186_zpsyews0chy.jpg

This will all be worked on and finished at a later date. Just getting ideas and a plan together. Suspension, engine mods & tune up are the main objectives on this round of upgrades.

Just now, bsneon98 said:

Looking good man!
window flashing huh? How thick is it? I may use that as new moisture barrier for my doors rather than trying to use plastic 

That was some of the first material i put down. I only used it on the floor, double layered due to it be so thin. I will clean it up and put some Road Kill sound deadening in some spots. If $ wasn't an issue right now i would remove and redo. And buy some SA-12's and build a new box as well. Unfortunately what i have to work with at this time will go back together.

Thanks for checking it out, and pointing out my cheap materials. Thanks! lol

1 minute ago, bcbrassard said:

That was some of the first material i put down. I only used it on the floor, double layered due to it be so thin. I will clean it up and put some Road Kill sound deadening in some spots. If $ wasn't an issue right now i would remove and redo. And buy some SA-12's and build a new box as well. Unfortunately what i have to work with at this time will go back together.

Thanks for checking it out, and pointing out my cheap materials. Thanks! lol

lmao im not knocking it in any way man, i was just curious to see how some different products work for others. At least your going to respond to it 

It was a shit product and embarrassed i even tried it. It wasn't a priority to fix it since i wasn't using the space, but it will get address now. lol

Its all good for calling me out, i hate doing shit work or using shit products, It was the learning curve at the beginning of the build. 

Archived