03 RF Lancer amp swap. Punch replaces Power series.

Frustrated with this small trunk opening so i am going to keep the sub set up as is and start working on putting it back together with battery's in the tire well with new floor and amp rack above it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had my car aligned last Friday. $139 well spent, she was a little squarely in the ice. I had to drive out of town for union classes for this coming season. Couple times i thought i would be driving the Malibu soon. Ha ha Much better now.

IMG_0392_zpsra4amcyo.jpg

I take it u have non adjustable struts on that beast but it’s pretty damb close. Will make a big difference.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

IMG_0384_zpsw7by6o6c.jpg

Washed the car this morning.

IMG_0386_zpswjfh4hfa.jpg

IMG_0385_zpsffasruqu.jpg

No perfect, i will clean it better later. I was in a hurry to do this....

IMG_0388_zps5ua7ctok.jpg

Ah, that's better!

IMG_0387_zpscc7vtnkw.jpg

I don't hate the tinted window vent shades. Car looked OK either way, but i had them and been waiting to put them on.

IMG_0390_zpskuzahcld.jpg

Sure glad i took the time to paint calipers, everything looks pretty good behind the rims. I have noticed it doesn't stop as well with these 15's and too tall of tire. oh well..

Pretty Happy with how it turned out. I have a little tire rub on the inner liner of the fender well. I bought 5 mm wheel spacer's i might try. Rides pretty good, i can go down the highway @ 2400 rpm instead of 3100 rpm with the winter tires on. Eats the gas up. 

I still have the front spoiler to redo, not sure when i will get around to it. Hood release latch cable broke last week, i have a new one to install. Picked up my SEM panel paint for rear doors this afternoon and would like to get them painted tomorrow so i can get them and my T16.5" back in for a day or so before i begin trunk rebuild. I only have a couple weeks before i go back to work so time is short.

20 minutes ago, Ron36 said:

I take it u have non adjustable struts on that beast but it’s pretty damb close. Will make a big difference.

I lowered the front and rear end, and then put coil booster in the rear for the extra weight of sub's, amp and Battery's. Currently not in it. 

Is it just me or is my car 2 faced? lol Looks good at some angles and horrible at another! lol Its a POS i know it, not trying to fool anyone. Just polishing a TURD! ha ha

Looks good I’m watching for sub stage . 

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

1 minute ago, bcbrassard said:

Is it just me or is my car 2 faced? lol Looks good at some angles and horrible at another! lol Its a POS i know it, not trying to fool anyone. Just polishing a TURD! ha ha

The only thing that matters is u love it , it’s your ride fuck what people say , looks good get that thing banging.

3 minutes ago, Ron36 said:

Looks good I’m watching for sub stage . 

Thanks, old subs going back in. Tired of wasting money on it. They did the job, i was just looking for MORE & Better. And couldn't get a design for the FI's so i said fuck it!

2 minutes ago, Ron36 said:

The only thing that matters is u love it , it’s your ride fuck what people say , looks good get that thing banging.

Thanks, I don't love it, i love the process and vision i had for it. My learning curve for the Malibu my wife has. I won't go cheap or half ass those upgrades.

I am getting the wood tomorrow or Thursday. I will be without tunes for a bit until i get battery's mounted and some panels in.

Archived