03 RF Lancer amp swap. Punch replaces Power series.

Just heard this car. The pics and bids do no justice to it. Those t3 comps sound great and he had the eq on flat. Looked back at the subs thinking they where on but turned down to find out they where off. Kicks really do look factory imo.

only saw voltage drop down to mid 13s, I'm sure most of you will start wishing yours would hold that while he asks for higher voltage lol.

Thanks for nice review man. I had a good time talking shop and doing a Demo for ya. Let me know if you need any tuning or parts i am not using. Alaskanzx5 is a knowledged RF fanatic and a good guy. It was nice meeting up with ya.

I wasn't sure if I was going to replace my tweets or sell my mids and get t3 comps until I heard your doors. The quality and sound of the mids are fantastic. Those tweets could be heard at all volumes without being over powering or harsh.

if you ever want to get rid of any of those battery terminals so you can get new ones so they all match let me know. I'll be needing some terminals.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Very clean wiring! I like those dual cable clamp hold ons. Where you get those?

Thank you sir! Are you talking about on the battery? That how the Optima Blue tops come.

No talking about running across the firewall you have holders for the wire that holds dual wires it is awesome I want some

Very clean wiring! I like those dual cable clamp hold ons. Where you get those?

Thank you sir! Are you talking about on the battery? That how the Optima Blue tops come.

No talking about running across the firewall you have holders for the wire that holds dual wires it is awesome I want some

Amazon....where i find everything else! lol Ya they are kick ass. Used them thru out the build when running 2 runs of 0 gauge together.

Nice Fucking Job Dude. Seriously. Love The Kicks and how they turned out!

Thank you sir! i can only hope my doors turn out as good!

So after searching for 6.5 midbass drivers i have chosen CDTs 6.5 HD-6MDVC to try. They are dual 4 ohm drivers i can wire down to 2 ohm to run off the rear ch of my T400-4 and in that ohm i can put out 150 watts per. They run about $200 a pair so not to expensive if they dont work out. I really wanted another pair of T365s but budget is tight right now and i really want to get fiberglassing started on my doors. Summers going by fast and the warm weather with it.

My next choice was SunDown V2s but there a NoePro midrange and i and looking more for a midbass driver. When i order and recieve i will tear doors down and show locations of drivers for opinions from you guys who follow.

Kinda the last upgrade i can do to the ride, When i installeverything i want to sound deaden roof and dyno liner all panels to stop horrible rattles. Pretty close to finishing, Done by winter and start on the Malibu next summer. Probly install sons system this winter in his 95 ext chevy, going sundown 8s under the rear seat, installing his kicker panels, new HU, Dash speakers maybe fiberglass pods for 5.25s. He has 5 RF amps already just needs alt & batteries & wire.

CDT midbass speakers came in today. They dont to bad and will be worth a try IMO. Now its just a matter of getting a plan together on glassing doors now that i have the rings also.

So my thoughts are to take the T2s out and try the CDTs in the kicks. Space there is tight and thinking about cutting out some of the metal behind the kicker panel if its a hollow space with another metal wall behind it. That might help with adding more Cu ft and better midbass but not sure until i drill into it and see whats behind the metal.

These speakers are 4 ohm DVC so i will wire them down to 2 ohm but i will have to turn gains down to not over power them. Think about LPing them off midrange pass thru to get the freq i am looking for, but that too will be another experiment.

Now that i have my MDF rings i need to get a plan on placement and might need your guys opinions. My manin concern is running the T2 & T3 next to each other and if they will cancel each other out or sound bad...? Original though was to keep the t2s in the kkicks and add midbass to the doors! Any thoughts anyone?

OK, enough chat.... Heres the pics

2014midbassspeakers001_zpsb098bf3b.jpg

Sun & hot out so i though i would take pics of goodies outside on the car.

2014midbassspeakers005_zps9b175c88.jpg

2014midbassspeakers004_zps6b90533b.jpg

Like i said not to bad looking of speakers

2014midbassspeakers006_zps3f30691c.jpg

They dont come with grilles but i have a set of RF ones that will work

2014midbassspeakers007_zpsa84368a5.jpg

2014midbassspeakers008_zpsf0705a19.jpg

Rings for doors....Bought off amazon. Ya to lazy to make them when i can buy them for $13 a pair.

2014midbassspeakers010_zps4dc61006.jpg

Well that all i got for now.

Any opinions or ideas are welcome. Might start a thread for more help as well. Heading out now to hook up and see how they sound off the T400-4.

Cool, I think it will look good.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

I know i can make it look good, just want it to sound good as well. Thanks man!

Yep that is the most important. How much were the speakers? They look pretty beefy.

So far with all the speakers I have had the RE audio xxx 6.5s had the best mid bass. I wish they sold them separate and with a dual 4 ohm coil instead of the 2 ohm coil. That way could run two at 2 ohms.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Archived