03 RF Lancer amp swap. Punch replaces Power series.

Just ordered the P3SD4-8 for kick panels. So now i have these and grilles and will make MDF rings to redo kick panels. Should work out nicely when i am done. Soon to be wife hates the car that much more now! 3 yrs of build and she says it will never be done. I told her i had the Malibu and sons 94 ext cab GMC to do. Ya i got the look! lol

Yeah I was adding up the rest of what I need to finish stock piling... $3000.... M sure my wife wont like that.

Should have told me you wanted those 8s, you could of had them in your hands right now with grills... I think I could have got them with the grills for about 200-220.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Yeah I was adding up the rest of what I need to finish stock piling... $3000.... M sure my wife wont like that.

Should have told me you wanted those 8s, you could of had them in your hands right now with grills... I think I could have got them with the grills for about 200-220.

Ya 3k is a big price tag to women. Not so much for us in this hobby. I just decided last night to go for it. I have to build so kick panels to house 8s from Q-logics for the sons GMC this winter and the more i thought about it the more i wanted 8s up front in my build so i pulled the trigger to get what i need. I really havent put much into the car this summer. New subs & Box = $400, CDT 6.5 mid bass speakers = $190, Crimping tool = $150, SHCA wiring & lugs = $100 Total = $790

Then the P3SD4-8s = $190, RF Grilles = $39, Stinger road Kill = $100, Mics supplies $100 = $420

And i Need another $200 for acoustic mat, foam spray, primer, paint = $200 =

$1210 for the yr

Pretty cheap i think. Total for the car has to be pushing 7k But hey its my hobby and thats in 3 yrs. I still pay my bills, take vacations

and take care of the family.

Yeah 3k in only about half of the total ill have into it.

Lets not talk about the 5-7k ill put into my car that in Michigan to rebuild the engine, revamp the suspension, and slap a small turbo with 10-14psi...

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

So i got some goodies in the mail today. No better feeling except getting them installed.

IMG_1743_zps61df8ae4.jpg

Yes the P3SD4-8 for my mid bass in the kick panels i need to refiber glass.

IMG_1739_zps060225a0.jpg

Nice compact 8's

IMG_1738_zpsc85ec21f.jpg

IMG_1744_zps188ce936.jpg

For those that dont remember i was going to use these for the mid bass. 2 things, First my OCD would not let me put a different brand in my car. Hell i cant stand that these arent power series speakers but at least they are RF. Second, ever since i rented a mustang in Hawaii with the Shaker system i have wanted 8" midbass up front.

IMG_1742_zpsf9058189.jpg

Side by side comparison of the 2 drivers.

IMG_1740_zps87593b6d.jpg

Now the CDT are probably pretty good in a smaller set up but i am digging the P3s and excited to get the rebuild started and finished.

IMG_1742_zpsf9058189.jpg

I even had the CDTs wired down to 2 ohm for install. I guess always good to have a extra set of speakers in the collection. The RFs where a couple dollars cheaper. $193 for the P3 off amazon and $210 for the CDT. RF Grills on the way and will give updated pics when they show up.

Thanks for looking guys, more to come when the work seasons over in a couple weeks. Hell ya Build time!

Ok, my grills came in today and they look great. I took out the kick panels to see what i needed to do to rebuild them to house the 8's and it looks like it might be more difficult to redo these than to buy new kick panels and start from scratch. I found some on a Mitsubishi parts website, for the pair and shipping like $58. I think that may be the way to go.

Pics of what i am working with.

IMG_1746_zps35f87dde.jpg

IMG_1747_zpsef9159fa.jpg

IMG_1748_zps1fdf0b47.jpg

IMG_1749_zpsbeb41836.jpg

IMG_1750_zpse78f9c1d.jpg

So whats your guys thoughts?

Ordered new kick panles from a Mitsubishi parts company. 2 new + shipping was $58.00. I think it will be way easier to build new ones. So i will finish the doors while waiting for the kick panels to show up.

Archived