03 RF Lancer amp swap. Punch replaces Power series.

The black does look sexy but its like you said, clash issues. Here us a tip on how to get heavier texture. With SEM, the closer you spray, the finner the texture. For heavier texture spray farther from the panel. Test it on something else to see how far you have to be to get your desired texture.

The black does look sexy but its like you said, clash issues. Here us a tip on how to get heavier texture. With SEM, the closer you spray, the finner the texture. For heavier texture spray farther from the panel. Test it on something else to see how far you have to be to get your desired texture.

Ya that what i figure i had done, Sprayed to close like i was painting it. Just finish a second coat and i got it to lay on heavier. Looks better but still not a perfect match. nozzle needs to be adjustable for light to heavy spray IMO.

Thanks for the tip.

Thanks man, all i really have to paint grey is the top part where the tweeter is to tie it into the dash. I think i will mask it off and try it with some grey i have but doesnt match just to see if it would fly.

I will take pics for a poll on what peoples thoughts are.

Waiting for the poll

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Ok, so did a rough mask job for the 2 tone look and the grey is not color matched to dash but gives you an idea of how i was thinking the blending should transition.

I will take pics of the panel in the interior next to the dash later today when it warms up.

I like this, best of both worlds IMO.

IMG_1792_zps6b5c1664.jpg

IMG_1791_zps1afe08a1.jpg

IMG_1790_zps6ec787d8.jpg

Polling starts now: All grey or 2 toned. Cant stay all black due to it clashes with the dash to bad.

2 tone.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

2 tone.

Yep... 2 tone it will be. The car is 3 tone right now. Doors themselves have a graphite black vinyl at the top, light grey checkered fabric in the arm rest area with the med grey on the bottom half.

Plan is to match graphite color for bottom half, i will have to paint the RF speaker grilles to match as well but it would look better than having the grilles clash then.

Turning a 3-tone interior to 2-tone. I will have to paint more panels to make it look good but way worth the extra little bit of work.

2 tone for sure

When you do the grills maybe tape off the grill itself and do just the outside ring of the grill. Take the RF diamond off paint and then reapply the diamond.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Archived