03 RF Lancer amp swap. Punch replaces Power series.

Your work is great. Are you venting the panels into the door skin or leaving the panels/pods sealed?

They will be sealed. The left 6.5" hole is the map pocket in the door so that is sealed. Even though my doors are sealed up and sounded great in the stock location after all that work to deaden them. I will seal off the hole so its not venting into the door and will have a small sealed area of its own.
Is there a particular reason you're going sealed?

More mid bass response

Yeah. I just figured with all the work he did to deaden his doors for that mid bass response and reduce rattling from the sub bass and the mid bass, that a sealed pod wouldn't be as good in comparison to that, given most car audio speakers are designed for infinite baffle.

Sealed or not though, those doors are damn beautiful, and I'm am one jealous SOB

Your work is great. Are you venting the panels into the door skin or leaving the panels/pods sealed?

They will be sealed. The left 6.5" hole is the map pocket in the door so that is sealed. Even though my doors are sealed up and sounded great in the stock location after all that work to deaden them. I will seal off the hole so its not venting into the door and will have a small sealed area of its own.

One is sealed now, not a lot i can do about one chamber sealed so i am afraid if i vent the other that there would be two different sounds coming from the doors. I know if i seal them both it will sound the same. Letting the 8's take care of mid-bass anyways, the T26.5's will be handling more midrange than anything.

More mid bass response

Yeah. I just figured with all the work he did to deaden his doors for that mid bass response and reduce rattling from the sub bass and the mid bass, that a sealed pod wouldn't be as good in comparison to that, given most car audio speakers are designed for infinite baffle.

Sealed or not though, those doors are damn beautiful, and I'm am one jealous SOB

Thanks, i hear ya man. Should have planned for both to be vented but kinda going for a more SQ lately after doing the wifes car. It will all be in the tuning i am sure but if it sounds like shit at least it look half way decent. lol

Decal and clear coat:

IMG_2554_zpswyvtv2h9.jpg

IMG_2556_zps0wpf5zwn.jpg

IMG_2555_zpsw0nn9lyk.jpg

I think i like it better without the decal but thats how the other door is so at least they match. Start deadening it tomorrow.

Broooooo... You KILLED it!!! :shok: :shok: :shok:

2011 Nissan Altima aka Red Ruby

HEADUNIT: Pioneer AVH X2700BS

ELECTRICAL:

-Singer 230a

-Northstar gr34

-(2) Northstar SMS220 w/ Custom Terminals from 12V Metalworkz

-100% Welding Cable

FRONT STAGE:
-(2 Sets) Hertz HSK165

-Hertz HSK130

-Ampere Audio 125.4

SUB STAGE:

-(3) Sundown Audio SA REV2 12's

-Ampere Audio 3800.1 V2

MISC (NON AUDIO RELATED):

-Interior & Exterior Lights LED

-Gloss Black Roof (PAINTED)

-15% Front, 5% Rear Tint

-Roof Spoiler

-20" TSW Snettertons (20x8.5 front, 20x10 rear)

-Custom Projector Retrofit (FX-R 3.0, 6.5k HID, Morimoto Mini H1 (faux projector), Quad Starry Night Halos) ----- COMING SOON!!

-Aftermarket Fog Lights

-Custom Painted Engine Covers

My Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169869-woods-2011-altima-aka-red-ruby-new-video-more-updates/page-109

Retrofit Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/185787-hid-projector-retrofitting-diy-by-wood/#entry2765346

Thanks man!

I hope my body work comes out even semi close to this lol.. thats why I vinyl wrap :spiteful:

2011 Nissan Altima aka Red Ruby

HEADUNIT: Pioneer AVH X2700BS

ELECTRICAL:

-Singer 230a

-Northstar gr34

-(2) Northstar SMS220 w/ Custom Terminals from 12V Metalworkz

-100% Welding Cable

FRONT STAGE:
-(2 Sets) Hertz HSK165

-Hertz HSK130

-Ampere Audio 125.4

SUB STAGE:

-(3) Sundown Audio SA REV2 12's

-Ampere Audio 3800.1 V2

MISC (NON AUDIO RELATED):

-Interior & Exterior Lights LED

-Gloss Black Roof (PAINTED)

-15% Front, 5% Rear Tint

-Roof Spoiler

-20" TSW Snettertons (20x8.5 front, 20x10 rear)

-Custom Projector Retrofit (FX-R 3.0, 6.5k HID, Morimoto Mini H1 (faux projector), Quad Starry Night Halos) ----- COMING SOON!!

-Aftermarket Fog Lights

-Custom Painted Engine Covers

My Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169869-woods-2011-altima-aka-red-ruby-new-video-more-updates/page-109

Retrofit Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/185787-hid-projector-retrofitting-diy-by-wood/#entry2765346

Archived