03 RF Lancer amp swap. Punch replaces Power series.

So RF Decal was to much, making the door panel too busy. So i removed it and spot painted the doors. leaner look now.

IMG_2567_zpsokcehwf8.jpg

I got wires ran for kick panels and rear doors. Painting interior parts. So getting pretty close to throwing enclosure & Subs back in. Wont be too long now.

Looks almost factory now.

Thanks, I had to try the decal. When the panel was off the door it looked like the space was to big to leave blank. But the seat bottom cover enough to balance it out nicely. And all the fine people on SMD didnt have the heart to tell me the decal looked liked shit. Sometimes you have to play with ideas even if they don't work to find the ones that do.

• 1 month later...

Lancer's in the garage with dash tore apart. Working on old electrical issue that shut HU off. What i discovered is baffling to me. There is a radio fuse position under the hood (stock fuse panel) and inside under steering wheel there is another fuse box with a spot for the radio but no fuse.

I had constant power thru stock radio wiring harness but no ignition power. Figured out there power but no fuse and a small piece of plastic stopping you from putting a fuse in. I took a pair of needle noise pliers and broke it off to accept a fuse. Problem solve, just weird how it failed after working right for so long.

I do remember having the charger on the batteries while setting gains of system. Maybe a surge burnt out whatever it was making a connection. ? I was at the point of running new wiring and bypass the stock harness but it works properly now. Why or how it ever failed has me stumped.

This week subs, amps, batteries will all go back in and by next weekend at the latest i will know how everything sounds.

Then back to the wifes Focal A Pillars to see how that shit sounds.

post pics later in the week.

Archived