03 RF Lancer amp swap. Punch replaces Power series.

12 minutes ago, bcbrassard said:

I took my Lancer to our local audio shop (best in town IMO) to give them a demo and walk around. They where impressed & surprised that i did all the work and it is my hobby. I am going to try and enter it in the June 17th competition.  They can only fit 85 vehicles in the space but expect up to 300 entrees so i hope i can be one of them. If the malibu was done i would try that one too. I don't care if i make it in or not i am just stoked to hear other systems. 

Did a bit of tuning today and sounds pretty good for the most part. I love turning the subs off and running the 8's. Fuckers put out the midbass. Pretty much all my equipment is still new, i don't think i have a driver thats completely broke in all the way. especially the subs. Probably why i dont like them right now.

I just got a provisional license after not driving for 8 years due to DUI's. AK doesn't fuck around with it up here. So now that i can drive the bitch shit will get tuned better and broke in fast! Just have to listen for ignition inter locker, sucks but beats not being able to drive.

Pics of car finished soon. Dirty right now. Tinted tail lights the other day and they look really good.

That's awesome man. Glad it is getting back together and tuned. I bet those 8s hit nice but when you turn the subs back on does it cancel them out?

Good luck on the comp. What kind of comp is it? SPL, sound quality ect?

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are calling it a car show so not sure what to competition is about right now. They want a build log and info to be picked. I have the 8's playing down in the 50hz range so when subs are on there is a nice over lap. Front stage shakes the car good subs on finishes it. The sexy gal at Perfectionist Audio said it was loud as hell and sounded pretty clean.

If i get the Malibu i will fab up for 8's in the doors. Love the mid bass 8's put out.

Oh ya the Chicks dig it. lol

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

• 4 weeks later...

No real build updates. Speakers are breaking in nicely and sounding better, especially the 8" mid-bass & SQ HDS310's. If i get choosen for the sound competition i will have to turn it down due to work. Won't be able to get the time off. They want to go 7-12's here in a couple weeks so time to make the $ while i can. The wife is still wanting a new SUV which is fine with me cause i will get her car and sell the lancer. Her car acoustically is 10x better. her set up sounds so nice & gets loud. Still need to get some router bits and work on her a-pillars but at this point probably a winter project.  

• 6 months later...

Build updates coming... After  a summer of driving still love the system. Extra weight has put some wear on the rear bearings so when i got laid off in the end of October i ordered up a shit ton of parts for this winters upgrade.

Front end suspension rebuild minus the new coils & struts.

Front bearings and hubs. New slotted/drilled rotor's & brake pads.

Rear Brakes & sway bar bushing.

Rear Lowering shocks and Coils i didnt have time to put in last fall.

Ordered new 15" KONIG rims and rubber. (Cheap amazon stuff but better looking than stock) I have studs on now and this car does not like all the extra weight in the back, can be scary to drive. Handles great in the summer though.

New E3 plugs, titanium header & exhaust wrap.

Since i have to pull the subs and battery's to do the work now might be a good time to change up the subs & enclosure. Not to mention a amp rack in the trunk but we will see how much time & $ i have to put into it before i go back to work.

7 hours ago, bsneon98 said:

Nice!

Thanks man. Pics coming after the new year when i do the rebuild of the front end. Waiting for rims i ordered off amazon. Basically time as well. My mom had a bad stroke at the end of October. She was in the hospital for 8 days and been home a few weeks trying to recuperate. I have been spending mon-fri with her in therapy and helping around the house as well. So hopefully i will be able to make time before Hawaii vacation to get upgrades done.

I checked your build out... looks like its coming along nicely.

8 hours ago, bcbrassard said:

Thanks man. Pics coming after the new year when i do the rebuild of the front end. Waiting for rims i ordered off amazon. Basically time as well. My mom had a bad stroke at the end of October. She was in the hospital for 8 days and been home a few weeks trying to recuperate. I have been spending mon-fri with her in therapy and helping around the house as well. So hopefully i will be able to make time before Hawaii vacation to get upgrades done.

I checked your build out... looks like its coming along nicely.

thanks man! good to hear shes back to ok. Im with ya on a hellish few months. Kinda at a point where I can just enjoy it. Havent done much at all, but have couple things to update. 

Archived