03 RF Lancer amp swap. Punch replaces Power series.

Lancerstereobuildpart2020_zps5ec160e9.jp

IMG_0387_zpscc7vtnkw.jpg

This is close to what it started out as after some Black touches.  Paint was scratch to hell, tint was bubbling, broken or missing parts everywhere.Engine took a shit, but the interior was good LOL. Wife hates the car... maybe that's why i keep dumping $ into it. haha

I will be putting a better paint job on it next winter, probably the last thin i do.

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So much better doing things yourself, learning the process and getting better, also respecting the shit out of people who do it everyday 

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

11 minutes ago, Ron36 said:

So much better doing things yourself, learning the process and getting better, also respecting the shit out of people who do it everyday 

I agree with everything you said accept the last part. I have never had luck with people working on my vehicles which is why i learned to do shit myself. I think people can get complaisant in there profession which can lead to mistakes. Which is ok but times are different and  more often than not mistakes are now owned up to and the owner pays. I can point out 3-4 thing just on the Wife's 2012 Malibu  that are messed up from other working on it. Mainly the dealer. I don't like feeling that way but hard to chalk it up to bad luck all the time.  

I work on cars everyday and only know bout 2 people I’d let touch my cars , My wife blew a speaker in her new car with 900 miles on it , I put new front speakers in it because I don’t want some guy taking my door panels apart. I meant u respect the clean work some of these guys do like Steve and the other box builders on here . It takes a lot of skill to get alll these angles and port area correct.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Right on man, i bet your good mechanic. That's a bummer about your wife's car blowing a speaker being that it's brand new and i don't blame you for swapping them out yourself. Nobody wants a jacked up door panel on a new car. I see it often, shit broken like that when people get there vehicles back.

IMG_0396_zpserwprq47.jpg

paint turned good, i will have to clean the fabric later. I just want these panels and speakers back in.

IMG_0412_zps4v2ucurf.jpg

Part 2 of FAST RING SYSTEM. These speakers have been in 2 builds now and are broke in nicely!

IMG_0416_zpszqnozfmj.jpg

driver side..

IMG_0425_zpsddopvxtj.jpg

Passenger side... Fabric looks horrible in these pics! Stupid flash, they don't that bad at all in regular light.

Yesterday was getting these painted and getting wood for trunk build.

Today was reinstalling the panels and speakers. Sounds more full with the rear fill back in. Did some tuning and then sat in the back seat with the remote listening to songs. You can really hear and feel the 8" midbass in the back. I was surprised because it never seems to be enough when your sitting up front. I do need to time align everything again but that will be after subs are back in. 

Oh and these showed up today...

IMG_0418_zpsmj5mj1dw.jpg

Super stoked about the SMD fuse holder and grounding block. Plus i needed more lugs and heat shrink since i am switching over to this style of connections. I liked the RF ones i had but the take up twice the space for no reason. I will keep the ones under the hood for now. Dual ones for input to battery's and the quad will be out to amps.

IMG_0422_zpsm9cdtsjd.jpg

Those are just sex!!!!

IMG_0419_zpsnqykrayh.jpg

Need a 4 AWG Kit now. That's what i ordered and 0 AWG was what i got. SHCA called me within 5 minutes of sending my email to make things right. Amazing customer service!!!

Probably start trunk next week, i want to enjoy the rear fill before shut it down for rebuild.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey man, have you driven around some yet? Im wondering if the urethane (or whatever) coil spacer helped support the load or not. I have simple springs in the rear separate from the shocks and got bad sag in the rear. May go with some BC Racing springs with a 5k spring rate (currently have 3k rate installed), but was curious how the spacers do for you first. 

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

On 4/27/2018 at 9:34 PM, WalledSonic said:

Hey man, have you driven around some yet? Im wondering if the urethane (or whatever) coil spacer helped support the load or not. I have simple springs in the rear separate from the shocks and got bad sag in the rear. May go with some BC Racing springs with a 5k spring rate (currently have 3k rate installed), but was curious how the spacers do for you first. 

No, equipment is still out of trunk. rebuilding now. I will give a update on coil boosters when the system back in.

Archived