03 RF Lancer amp swap. Punch replaces Power series.

IMG_0535_zpshmwfhwdy.jpg

Made some templates for box.

IMG_0536_zps8vcck0dv.jpg

Prepped and masked off trunk area.

IMG_0538_zps54o2qga1.jpg

Now the sides, top & back are carpeted to match.

Funny how my idea when i started continues to change as i build this. Original plan was to cover battery's with a amp rack put a beauty panel behind enclosure. But with not being able to run wiring under the enclosure shortened up 0 gauge runs and resulted in the best fuse layout i could come up with. One thing changed another and i decided to mount the amps back onto the enclosure. (i have some good foam to mount to help with vibration). I was getting ready to mount the amps but didn't like the back of the box not matching the rest of the trunk so i carpeted it just in case i can't or don't make a beauty pane to cover it up.

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so clean, I love it

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

2 hours ago, Karkov said:

so clean, I love it

Thanks, i am trying to keep it clean now to wire everything and if i keep that clean i might not make a beauty panel.

1 hour ago, bsneon98 said:

using your hood as a workbench? lol 

No, i cut everything in the family room and brought it out to lay on the hood while i was checking fitment. Looked like a good photo op. ha ha

• 1 month later...

System been up and running a few weeks now. Back to work and haven't made to time to post or update. I need to clean wiring up some. Sounds great and voltage is better than ever.

IMG_0539_zpsq4fv85qp.jpg

IMG_0557_zpsc2xnmikv.jpg

IMG_0541_zps6npaxqel.jpg

Shitty pic, sorry.

IMG_0540_zpsado5gafu.jpg

Cleaned the garage for the Malibu...

IMG_0554_zpsveel81pz.jpg

A little crowded in the Garage but worth it... The Malibu is mine....

IMG_0542_zpsqsxjthos.jpg

The wife bought a 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee TrailHawk! Its pretty bad ass. Has the Alpine 8" touch screen & 9 speaker system. It;s not the Malibu's system but the wife seem content for now. She secretively turned into a bass head but never said  anything.

On 2/13/2018 at 1:53 AM, bcbrassard said:

IMG_0221_zpsw5h7fy5p.jpg

Next new bearings and hubs. All new front end should make for a better ride.

IMG_0222_zps4irrs7g9.jpg

Couldn't do it with the headers on...

IMG_0224_zpsieuqk8je.jpg

Trying to lower engine bay temperatures. But doing some research, engine builders state that wrapping headers keeps the heat in which moves the gases faster and tricks the engine into thinking the headers are longer. They have seen dyno testing results though gains are small.

IMG_0226_zpsqmpprxly.jpg

Down pipe.

IMG_0229_zpsglkhpz78.jpg

And now to put it back together.

i gotta ask how hard was it to get those headers off? I wanna wrap mine but bolts/nuts look so rough/rusted I'm thinking I will break them using an impact or breaker bar. 

Nice “tedious” work with the wiring my brother. Nothing beats attention to detail !!!

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

5 hours ago, 03 Xtreme Fosgate said:

i gotta ask how hard was it to get those headers off? I wanna wrap mine but bolts/nuts look so rough/rusted I'm thinking I will break them using an impact or breaker bar. 

Headers weren't on but for a couple of years so with BLASTER Penetrating lube it was easy. The wrap works and stays on nicely.

2 hours ago, White Lightning said:

Nice “tedious” work with the wiring my brother. Nothing beats attention to detail !!!

Thank sir. It wasn't what i planned but that's how it ended up. Now i have the Malibu and want to finish the A-pillars this fall, swap out HU to something better, upgrade electrical. Nothing to fancy, giver the car a deep cleaning. I want to keep both cars and the wife seem fine with it. Lancer for work since its getting so dirty from work. Malibu for winter and weekends.

Archived