03 RF Lancer amp swap. Punch replaces Power series.

These came in today. I am surprised of the build quality, hopefully the perform good.

spacer.png

spacer.png

SQ SI-2250 

spacer.png

SQ-SI 850

spacer.png

Guts shot of both.  

spacer.png

spacer.png

planning to replace the RF amp in the Lancer for these over July 4th. 

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trying to figure out what will look & work best for amp layout.

spacer.png

The taped area is the size of my enclosure. I was kind of diggin this layout but it is a bit tight stacked.

spacer.png

I like this look better. Just trying to figure it all out before the fourth of July.

Nice Amplifiers 

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

1 hour ago, White Lightning said:

Nice Amplifiers 

Thank you, they are very budget friendly. I showed the wife and she thought i was trying to pimp out both vehicles. i explained to her that i was taking the best amps i had for the Malibu and the lancer needed these to replace them. I said i was taking $950 worth of amps out and replacing them w/ $370 amps. I thought that was pretty budget friendly. Probably won't show her the A-pillar speakers since they will be $500 or more! lol My $, I just don't want to hear any bitching. lol

• 3 weeks later...

Weekend Update: I was able to switch out amps and get everything up and running.

spacer.png

My front ch went out a few days ago. I had it in stereo bridged mode so left front 8" mid-bass wasn't working.  Bummer!

spacer.png

At first i thought i blew the speaker. Its been 88 degrees and hotter the last 3 weeks so i assumed it overheated? Nope showing 1.5 ohms so that lead be to believe the ch on the amp went out.

spacer.png

I need to improve this kick some. But for now i will enjoy.

spacer.png

T400-4 out.

spacer.png

Pull everything and start over. My RCA's where back wards on there length so the amps are mount reverse of how i wanted them. Oh well.

spacer.png

The SI-2250 mounted.

spacer.png

Done!

spacer.png

The SI-850 is driving the P3 8" harder than the T400-4 did. But the T1500.1 is a way better amp than this SI- 2250. Still trying to tune it to make it sound better.

I used the crimping terminals for speaker wires & remote turn on, color shrink wrap and loom to keep it looking pretty clean.

Now to tune, listen and enjoy.

Nice Work my Brother ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

33 minutes ago, White Lightning said:

Nice Work my Brother ...

Thank you. I wish it sounded as good as it looks.

Gains set w/ a DD-1, subsonic around 30ish, LPF @ 80 hz. It is a completely different sound and feel from the T1500.1 I guess keep dialing it in.

Cleaned up the wiring, zip tied in  a few spots & ran remote gain cable. Still getting it dialed in but closer to what it should be.

spacer.png

Straight on camera shot gets the panoramic view but looses the depth imo.

spacer.png

This angle gets more of the electrical system in the picture, I have never owned this budget friendly of  a product before. It's taking time to get use to it and tune it properly, neither things i am use to. It proves to me how solid the RF T1500.1 is, i know the T400-4 has a  issue but all other RF amps are solid and running. Wire them up, turn on & instantly great sound, you do get what you pay for. 

Wish I had time to wire my Avalanche up like that. Excellent work Sir. 

2 hours ago, White Lightning said:

Wish I had time to wire my Avalanche up like that. Excellent work Sir. 

Thank you, all wire has crimped ferrules or lugs. + & - heat shrink and then black heat shrink to tie it into the loom. Practicing for the malibu wiring.

Archived