03 RF Lancer amp swap. Punch replaces Power series.

I understand. I’m actually still driving the F150 to work so I can work on the Avalanche.  

One of these days, I’m gonna talk you into buying a Linear Power amp and do a side by side comparison against those Rockford’s. 

I’d be willing to bet all the money in my front pocket that you would instantly tell the difference in dynamics ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, White Lightning said:

I understand. I’m actually still driving the F150 to work so I can work on the Avalanche.  

One of these days, I’m gonna talk you into buying a Linear Power amp and do a side by side comparison against those Rockford’s. 

I’d be willing to bet all the money in my front pocket that you would instantly tell the difference in dynamics ...

Oh i have looked at them on ebay and would love to try one some day. But i am pretty happy with the Power series and i love the small foot print for the Lancer. 4 amps in there is impressive to me for the space i have. I bought them when i was single, fat chance the wife will let me spend thousands again on car audio. Slowly yes, all at once no! lol

14 hours ago, bsneon98 said:

congrats on the new addition! As always tuned in to see what you have in store. 

Thanks man, happy to have two rides with good systems in them. Need more $ to do what i want to the malibu though.

6 hours ago, bcbrassard said:

Thanks man, happy to have two rides with good systems in them. Need more $ to do what i want to the malibu though.

I hear ya! Takes that much longer to save for upgrades now lol 

• 5 months later...
12 minutes ago, 06RTCharger said:

Damn man, now i really want to work on the Charger lol. Awesome work, motivational forsure. 

Thanks. It's been a fun learning process for sure. Many things i would do different on the Lancer but i can take what i have learned and apply in to the Malibu. Which has always sounded so much better. Doesn't get as loud with what's in it now but the acoustics in that car are way better than the Lancer. But the Lancer gets fucking loud.

After Christmas i will order up goodies for the Malibu just not sure what yet.

So with racking up parts for the Malibu, Plus eventually robbing 3 of the 4 RF Power Amp to run in. The T400-2, T400-4, T1500-1.  I have been thinking of what to replace them with so i started looking at budgets amp with high output and came up with Sound Qubed.

spacer.png

I bought this to replace the T400-4 i have stereo bridged to run the P3D4 8" i have in the kick panels. SQ claims it can put out 1000 watts, i believe i will run these at 2 ohm and turn the amp way down. They currently see about  250 watts now & 300 watts is there peak. May try 8 ohms. The price is awesome at $103 with free shipping.

spacer.png

I went with the Sound Qubed SI-2250 to run the HDS310's i have. This amp was on the dyno w/ 2743 Watts dynamic in 1 ohm. The T1500.1 put out about 1900@ 1 ohm. I always knew i was underpowering the HDS310's which are rated 1200/2400 watts so if they see 1400 watts each now from the 900 watts each on the T1500.1 that will be a better match for these subs. I wanted the trunk amps to be the same ans wasn't looking to break the bank. It is mid-bass & Bass, the mids & highs will be ran of 2012 generation RF Punch amps since i am pulling all Power amps out. I have 2 RF Punch 500-4 amps that will play nicely. they have been in a couple of builds. They sounded great in the Malibu.

I might swap them out over 4th of july, i would like to meter me system now to have some comparison #'s.   Any recommended cheap SPL meter's you guys can offer idea's too.

Archived