03 RF Lancer amp swap. Punch replaces Power series.

Update 7-12-19 :

New mid-bass speakers....

spacer.png

Skar VD-8's 

spacer.png

These are Skars Shallow mount 8's. Ha ya right! They are 3 3/4" in depth.

spacer.png

Looks to have decent terminals and good venting.

spacer.png

spacer.png

I got the pair off Amazon for $63 each.

spacer.png

I got them to run off the new SQ SI-850 amp. The subs are rated for 400 rms/ 600 peak.

I don't think the RF P3 8"SD4 rated at 150/300 will last long off that amp. But the sound really good, having powerful mid-bass up front sounds amazing. If i were a regular person i wouldn't need subs, but i love my bass. Which i still haven't dialed the Sub amp in yet.

I will try to install one next weekend, this weekend is about the Malibu and the Morel Hybrid Integra 402's that came in the mail yesterday.

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These going in the kicks ??

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

1 hour ago, ToNasty said:

This could be an issue. Subwoofers  tend to roll off faster.  An actual midbass speaker would be better. But curious to see how it turns out

The RF P3 8's sound good. These are crossed over from 80-200 hz, the RF T2 6.5" x 2 in each door are crossed over @ 180 hz  and up. I guess it bass and the 2 10's are sub bass? 

54 minutes ago, White Lightning said:

These going in the kicks ??

Yes, i want to hear how they sound against the RF P3 shallow 8's

9 minutes ago, bcbrassard said:

The RF P3 8's sound good. These are crossed over from 80-200 hz, the RF T2 6.5" x 2 in each door are crossed over @ 180 hz  and up. I guess it bass and the 2 10's are sub bass? 

Not trying to tell you how to do it. But just from experience you're doing to much. Less is more in this case.  Get yourself a good set of 8" midbass and you can delete the 6.5 and skar subs all together 

1 hour ago, ToNasty said:

Not trying to tell you how to do it. But just from experience you're doing to much. Less is more in this case.  Get yourself a good set of 8" midbass and you can delete the 6.5 and skar subs all together 

I appreciate the suggestions but with the doors & kick panels costume fiber glassed.  I plan to  run with the set up the way it is. 

Always wanted to listen to a pair of those 8’s , they look tough , I thought about doing 4 or 5 under a seat sealed. I run a single 10 Skar VD in my beater and it’s been running for 5yrs now and got no complaints .

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

7 hours ago, Ron36 said:

Always wanted to listen to a pair of those 8’s , they look tough , I thought about doing 4 or 5 under a seat sealed. I run a single 10 Skar VD in my beater and it’s been running for 5yrs now and got no complaints .

I will do a side by side test against the RF P3 8" for a week or so to get  a feel for how the sound after being broke in. The build of these speakers are solid, so excited to hear how the sound. I will up date next week & a few weeks later on there performance. Thanks for sharing man!

• 5 weeks later...

I wish I had your time and enthusiasm!

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Archived