03 RF Lancer amp swap. Punch replaces Power series.

Nah OCD would be having to have the terminals on the battery all facing the same direction. lol

Thanks for pointing that out. I would have but needed to have the wires tell me which way they wanted to flow... ha ha

• 1 month later...

Prepping car for paint. I had to leave the engine bay Rio Red so i left part of the under side hood red to help blend the two colors. Door jam's done and trying to get rest in shape. But i always have a shit ton of projects going on so again slow going i will be.

IMG_2705_zpsieaobwjx.jpg

Keep in mind this is pretty much a POS so i am not going to make it perfect. Just better.

IMG_2707_zpsekmyhb1c.jpg

Cutting thru the clear coat with 180 grit by had. There a fair amount of dings i will had to repair but at least the worse damage is under the mirror, i out lined it with a sharpee.

Damn dude you weren't kidding. Black is bad ass but hard to keep clean. Can't wait to see it done.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Thanks, it should look better when i am done. With taxes i am getting new tires, rims will have to wait until this summer, I can get tires off amazon for $200 and rims for about $400. Free shipping on both, Fuck buying shit up here and pay 5X due to freight! 

YESSSS. Cant wait to see your results man! 

That clear coat is some gnarly stuff when sanded. Please be sure to use a respirator! (I know your not an idiot lol)

You doing it all yourself? What products / Methods?

Get some of those 3m red scouring pads if you havent already. They are a huge help with scuffing up the body work.

Tuned in even more now lol!

13 hours ago, bsneon98 said:

YESSSS. Cant wait to see your results man! 

That clear coat is some gnarly stuff when sanded. Please be sure to use a respirator! (I know your not an idiot lol)

You doing it all yourself? What products / Methods?

Get some of those 3m red scouring pads if you havent already. They are a huge help with scuffing up the body work.

Tuned in even more now lol!

Thanks man, Ya i smoke while i sand so thats my respirator! 

Yes i do 98.5% of all work to my vehicles, if anyone's gonna fuck something up on my shit it will be me.

Sanding by hand, have the 3M abrasive pads blocking car with 180 to get thru clear coat, then 220,  320, 420 Break! lol

32 minutes ago, bcbrassard said:

Yes i do 98.5% of all work to my vehicles, if anyone's gonna fuck something up on my shit it will be me.

Sanding by hand, have the 3M abrasive pads blocking car with 180 to get thru clear coat, then 220,  320, 420 Break! lol

good deal man! will be keeping a close eye on this one!

Your going to spray yourself too right?

35 minutes ago, bcbrassard said:

Funny I get it lol

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

• 4 weeks later...

Getting some work done on the Lancer. I have driver side blocked down with 180 grit and dings are ground down to bare metal for filling. I hope to have this side done by the end of the week. 

I received my DNA lowering springs this week. I bought a coil compressor and waiting for my new struts & shocks to show up. The plan it to paint the car and then replace front trans axles(have 2 new ones). While i have the axles out seems like a perfect time to replace struts with lowering springs. Would love to replace every bushing up front but being on a budget that will have to come later.

Going to paint the car on jack stands and will have new tires mounted while they are off. Getting excited about getting this done, unfortunately i am behind the schedule i had in mind but will manage to pull it off quickly. Wife & i are going to Vegas for our anniversary so next week nothing will be getting done.

Cars not worth much, system is but car isn't and the wife hates me spending $ on it.  

Lowering coils: $65

Struts & shocks: $99

Tran Axles: $89

Tires: $210

Shipping: $300

I would post pics but photobucket is full and not sure i want to pay to have more room. Deleting is slow and a nightmare. Need a better alternative for posting but not sure what that is.

Post pics when i figure it out.

Any suggestions?

Its nice to see you showing the lancer some love. Don't worry you will win enough money in Vegas to buy a new Evo.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Archived