03 RF Lancer amp swap. Punch replaces Power series.

Almost done with the prep work. Hopefully painted by next weekend. Once the sanding is done garage needs a thorough cleaning so i can clean the car and start masking it off.

IMG_2820_zpsfytojlqz.jpg

Bumper repair: I slid into a snow bank in my driveway a couple years ago. It was super slow motion but cold as fuck out and the plastic being brittle broke it to hell. And of course it was put on new that fall so naturally i had to fuck it up. New bumpers under $100, getting it up here is like $300 so i will spend that in time to fix it. The new one bought off amazon 3+ yrs ago was free shipping for about $150. Amazon has done away with friendly shipping to AK lately. Hard to get shit up here and is taking 3x longer.

IMG_2819_zpsl0vt7eq8.jpg

Used some super duct tape i snagged off a Abatement team off the work site. Shit sticks to anything and is strong as hell. Then i used a bumper repair kit for the inside. Now to remove the tape and fill it in from the out side. This is on of the last major repairs before clean up and masking can begin. I think i am up to 250+ hrs of tear down and prep, a bunch of it is my own doing but still a shit ton of hrs for a POS! lol I figure a couple more weeks to paint and then put back together. I will look better and i will be glad to have it done!

IMG_2818_zpsz37ifx9i.jpg

I still have the door panels to remove to work on making the mids sound better. And i never really tuned the system from when i finished it last winter so last is on the list of things to do. Plus the Malibu, My sons truck. Oh and he bought a small system for his girl friend in her 09 Mercury Mountaineer. Touch screen and 4 speakers so easy install. Always i long list of projects.

You have put a shit ton of work into that body work. Nice job man. Cant wait to see it painted.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

Thanks man! Car had about 18 dings on each side. Driver door was dented pretty good. Back bumper rock chipped bad. Lower damage on passenger side and hood has about 6 dimples. Not to mention front bumper damage. So a lot more work than i anticipated. At this point i just want it done! 

I will bet you were not thinking you would put that much time and effort into it. I can just imagine you got into it and started nit picking everything and started fixing it even better than planned. OCD is a bitch. lol  It will be worth it in the end. As you know paint is all in the prep.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

So no major updates, Bodywork is done just a little finish sanding in a few areas on passenger side and a lot of car & garage clean up. Hopefully paint by Monday.

Undercoated and painted front wheel wells, pulled trans axles, and i will install new trans axles and struts after i paint.

IMG_2823_zpsc3ts2ok3.jpg

Rear wheel wells had plenty of undercoating just needed a touch up of paint to cover any red showing thru. Pic would look better with new lowering springs & shocks but that will have to be down the road due to pulling all the equipment out of the trunk to get access to shock bolts.

IMG_2824_zpsaunzfxkv.jpg

Front bumper repair turned out good and not to much time spent on it so hopefully it holds up for a while.

IMG_2826_zpsqy6htoak.jpg

I Have a color scheme idea that should make the front end look more aggressive and cool looking. Well as cool as a 03 Lancer ES can look.

IMG_2825_zpsdmdinhvw.jpg

Getting closer.....

Front bumper is close to being done...

IMG_2836_zps5j7b8u4o.jpg

Painting bumper pieces up too...

IMG_2837_zpsvth5w9sm.jpg

I plan to paint and assemble bumper and store it in the house until it time to put on. One more sanding and this will be ready for paint.

IMG_2838_zpsfgiu5ujb.jpg

That's cool. It will give it time to cure at a decent temp inside. I did the same thing with my motorcycle parts I painted. They are still down stairs. That's a summer project.

80prs

Incriminator IA 10.1

DC 180 alt

Today's plan is to repaint the black areas. Paint wasn't fully dried and i removed a little paint unmasking the black after painting the graphite. Sand masking edge and clear coat to dry for assemble to store inside. I showed the wife the color scheme and she liked it, i didn't tell her i had changed colors so it was a surprise by she agree's with my reasoning.

The 2009 Mercury Mariner build might happen tomorrow so progress will be on hold for a day to install the HU & 4 RF speakers.

Lots of respect for all the hard work you are putting into this. What kind of gun are you shooting it with? I like your exhaust fan that's a good idea. Are you going with a clear coat too? Tuned in for paint.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Archived