03 RF Lancer amp swap. Punch replaces Power series.

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMG_0232_zps0lyd9fgl.jpg

I took a couple hours to get new bearings & hubs in the knuckles yesterday morning at my dads shop. Rest of the day putting them back on.

IMG_0234_zpszpdfiy9j.jpg

This is where both sides are at for now. I ordered the wrong pads off amazon, they where for the 4x4/sport models. My fault, so when i get new pads i can finish up the front end. 

For now i will work on the engine bay. Slow but steady progress, i can say that this new front end is solid and tight as fuck. I didn't think some of the parts were as wore out as they seemed until if have put this all back together. Very interested to feel the ride difference when i get it rolling again.

IMG_0235_zpsax4yvjdp.jpg

Yesterdays progress. Prep and paint header panel and reassemble.

IMG_0239_zpsotpmgsse.jpg

Detailed engine bay today and working on rear brakes.

IMG_0236_zpscye2wqbs.jpg

Most of the parts i have replaced so far.

7 hours ago, bsneon98 said:

updates looking good man! I was thinking about replacing most of my front suspension in the spring too, i aint crawling around in snow and ice unless shits really broken lol 

Thanks man. I think i have $600 into parts for the suspension and saving 3x that much doing it myself. Nice to have a garage.

IMG_0240_zpszqjrf2xi.jpg

IMG_0245_zpsnkaaqwrf.jpg

IMG_0246_zpsdykvhves.jpg

Last couple days progress. Nice to have the rears done.

IMG_0241_zpsvmhwepbu.jpg

IMG_0242_zpsrq5rw5vg.jpg

IMG_0243_zpsewvjkse1.jpg

Nice to have the front end done with 100% new parts.

IMG_0249_zpsl6y75dgm.jpg

Relocated 3-way cord for oil pan & block heater to frame in a secured area. It was located next to the battery and i had a trickle charger hooked up which utilized the 3-way plug nicely.

IMG_0248_zps0j4ycerw.jpg

Changing out plugs next. I had to pick up a spark plug socket today. See if the E3's make any difference. ?

IMG_0250_zpsy61joeir.jpg

IMG_0251_zpsvqxyjwzb.jpg

Yesterdays progress: Engine bay is done, front fender wells also. Just a few more little things to fix and time to put the wheels on and take it for a test spin.

IMG_0256_zpsn4ll1amw.jpg

Rides great, super quiet and pretty smooth. Needs alignment. 

IMG_0257_zpshc7ciigo.jpg

Header wrap made a difference, AC by-pass belt working great. Pretty much everything i did made a difference and am happy with the out come.

IMG_0258_zps2fbqtqsq.jpg

New Gorilla lug nuts, i had them and wanted new ones on the new hubs.

IMG_0260_zpskpctpgtc.jpg

3 hours of cleaning the garage to get the wifes car in. Doesn't happen often, 2nd time now.

IMG_0261_zpswskdmyzj.jpg

Little snug. Heading to Hawaii for a couple weeks and i wouldn't leave her car out while we were gone. Not worth it, Its paid off and has a good system.

I will start on the Audio when i get back. I have mids & highs right now, no mid bass or bass. I want to rebuild. See if i can get 2 12"s in. ?

5 hours ago, bcbrassard said:

IMG_0256_zpsn4ll1amw.jpg

Rides great, super quiet and pretty smooth. Needs alignment. 

IMG_0257_zpshc7ciigo.jpg

Header wrap made a difference, AC by-pass belt working great. Pretty much everything i did made a difference and am happy with the out come.

IMG_0258_zps2fbqtqsq.jpg

New Gorilla lug nuts, i had them and wanted new ones on the new hubs.

IMG_0260_zpskpctpgtc.jpg

3 hours of cleaning the garage to get the wifes car in. Doesn't happen often, 2nd time now.

IMG_0261_zpswskdmyzj.jpg

Little snug. Heading to Hawaii for a couple weeks and i wouldn't leave her car out while we were gone. Not worth it, Its paid off and has a good system.

I will start on the Audio when i get back. I have mids & highs right now, no mid bass or bass. I want to rebuild. See if i can get 2 12"s in. ?

looks great man! Never heard of gorilla lug nuts before, and hawaii sounds great right about now. have a safe trip and be sure to snap some pictures! 

• 3 weeks later...

Back from Maui. Nice relaxing vacation.

Got a few pics of the town car show. Some nice rides.

IMG_0291_zpsgbcq0q12.jpg

Me and Kona checking out the cars. My son took the car show pics.

IMG_0292_zpsooq6s4tr.jpg

IMG_0293_zpshdlqycml.jpg

IMG_0297_zpsqqfaacph.jpg

IMG_0294_zps4j3fvkk9.jpg

IMG_0306_zpslsmbllty.jpg

Kona liked Maui but over heated easy.

IMG_0309_zpsiwn4cotn.jpg

Coco was right at home in the heat.

It was worth it taking the dogs they loved the smells and being outside all the time. 

Back to working on the car. Working to get rid of rattles from the T2 6.5's in the doors. Strengthen them up also. Pics to follow with results.

Archived