Sundown Audio

How to set gain on saz3000 when max gain is 6v but line drivers 8v

Deadly hertzz

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why dont you just take the stupid line driver out? There is zero reason to have one anymore to be honest. Every decsnt head unit will have at least 2 volt pre outs and thats more than enough for every amp on the market.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Why dont you just take the stupid line driver out? There is zero reason to have one anymore to be honest. Every decsnt head unit will have at least 2 volt pre outs and thats more than enough for every amp on the market.

Man, i agree. Pull that, and get a PAC lc1 for control.

Yeh true only reason I was still using it because it built in flush by my 4 channels amp rack and the amp RCA is ran in a way if have to pull box out and carpet up to get it to the RCAs on the amp, I did order a dd1 but hasn't arrived yet so I guess when it gets here Ile just sell the line driver I kinda had it to "cheat" set gains on all my old amps but since I got this amp I've been a lot more cautious about setting everything thanks for the input that's what all Ile do !

8 sundown sa 12s walled
Saz3000 at .5
HO alt
All ofc Sky high wire
Alpine components
Rockford power mids

imagesCAA9EA5N_zps0f411022.jpga5ec9a01-b60c-4312-9001-236b48dfe6b0_zpsb01ef146-7fd0-47c3-90e9-f1a2d4595b03_zpsimagesCATNMRMV_zps66a8566a.jpg

The dd1 will make it muxh easier much much easier. Last amp I set took like two minutes and the guy was like um thats it

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

• 2 weeks later...

Set the deck first. Find the maximum non-distorted output and record that number. Might be something like 47 out of 50 (for example.) If it is, leave it at 47. Now with the line driver plugged in, turn it up while looking for distortion. Once it distorts back up just a hair. Now take a DMM, put it on A/C and check the voltage. If it's 8 or 9vac like you say it is, then turn it back till it is at 6. Usually, i set them to 5v but 6v is ok too if that is what you want it. This is all assuming the thing is clean till that point. For all you know, it is clean until 3v. Audio Control is good stuff so it probably is clean till at least 5v.

Anyhow, lets assume the line driver is clean at 6v and the deck at 47 out of 50 (still an example). Leave it all turned up just like that and then adjust the amp gain accordingly. Once you are done with that your gains are set and you are done. Chances are, if you are pumping 6 CLEAN volts into that amp, you might not be turning the gains up at all, maybe a hair. That is a good thing though!

8 sundown sa 12s walled
Saz3000 at .5
HO alt
All ofc Sky high wire
Alpine components
Rockford power mids

imagesCAA9EA5N_zps0f411022.jpga5ec9a01-b60c-4312-9001-236b48dfe6b0_zpsb01ef146-7fd0-47c3-90e9-f1a2d4595b03_zpsimagesCATNMRMV_zps66a8566a.jpg

Archived