Second Skin Audio

Regular Cab truck Box

I'm running 2 sd-2 10d4 in seperate boxes an they play decaf lovely and hit the low nice and they are sealed like I said jacob told me the 10's are design for seal but can be ported and also if sealed I can put 700rms to each sub with out harting the sub

02 dodge ram 1500 reg cab 3rd gen

2 sundown sd-2 d4

soundstream rub1.2500 amp

all sky high car audio-fuse,fuse holder,wire,ring lugs and rca

flex tech

box design by Joe X

supension-mcgaughys 2in drop spindal ,western chassis 6in flip kit,buddy custom c-notch

04 5.7l hemi motor swap and made it an slt eletric everthing

youtube channel-http://www.youtube.c...43?feature=mhee

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/190882-02-dodge-ram-1500-3rd-gen/

Didn't really read it all but i have a single cab too and i had good luck with porting towards the roof on the drivers side I would definitly go ported

My setup,

Digital Designs M80

3 Re audio 10's ported tuned to 36 hz

Kenwood x-696

SHCA 0 gauge

Polk audio coax running off hu

Are those Spots for 6x9's next to each sub driver?

Edit: Was on mobile and didn't see that they are separate enclosures.

I recommend getting rid of those and use that money for quality door components.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

A slot port on an angle doesn't quite work well like how you have it. I would also ditch the 6X9s. That is also using precious airspace that could otherwise be dedicated to the subs.

For a regular cab, you should really look into aero or round PVC ports. And I wouldn't go smaller than 1.5" wide on a slot port. Total port area is the important thing here. Which sub are you designing the box for? Port area can be suggested if we know for sure. Are you still planning on the Sundown SD series? Which size?

I would highly suggest running the SA8s, they'll be impressive to you if you've never heard them. They are beefy drivers and perform very well in ported enclosures ,

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Round pvc ports, to the side, seems to always work best. 2 or 3 3 inch tubes, or 2 4 inch tubes, is probably your best bet. I had a single 10 with 2x3 inch pvc ports and felt like it could have breathed a bit more...but on the other hand, I have a friend with a 95 regular cab chevy with a single 12 and 2 4 inch pvc ports, and his box is way peaky with those big ass ports.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Archived