Setting up big computer build + home theatre

Did you get a chance to check out THWF?

I was actually going to be doing that right now lmao, I was only on before we ate dinner with the family earlier so I only posted here.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Yes, two 7970's will game at 2560x1440 or 3x 1920x1080 acceptably. 3x 2560x1440 will be a bit slow.

Why not get 3 2560x1440 120hz ips panels? They do exist: http://www.blurbusters.com/faq/120hz-monitors/

The "Overlord Tempest" are the best ones http://overlordcomputer.com/products/tempest-x270oc-glossy

To send 5.1 to the home stereo you will probably want to use Optical. If you cant do optical than Digital out is almost as good.. if not digital then RCA. HDMI will work but then you may run into limitations.

Main reason I am trying not to get 120hz with a 1440p resolution is the price tag. I dont want to be in the mid 3k. Getting 3 of those monitors is 1500 in itself, I was barely thinking of doing one where the 3 in total cost 1.1k I really appreciate that link. I am still going to debate this for some time seeing as how this is not happening immediately. I was looking too. For the same price as my rig + 27" 1440 monitors, I could get the gaming rig, 3 1080 27" monitors, and a 40" tv to mount above the 3 monitors if I wish to watch a movie or have a single display. As far as the new home theatre, you think having a stereo powering it all runing optical between the PC and stereo would be best?

Edit: Yeah, I am going to seeing probably around 4k for the rig and 3 of those beastly ass monitors after all taxes, and shipping and handling fees. If I get a bonus inbetween now and when I do this, I might do it lmao. Also, can all games even run 1440? I would hate to invest into those monitors, then just get stuck playing all my games at 1080p and not being able to play native. Which I have done several times, and running non-native resolutions, even if it is still in the 16:9 ratio, can look fucking weird. Along with that, you saying running those 3 would be slow on triple monitor makes me want to stay away also. I really don't want to have to get any bigger than what the gaming rig. As far as another GFX card is, or beefing up the two I already picked.

Most games have no issues running over 1920x1080 compatability wise. When going triple display its just performance you have to worry about, and 3 monitors at 2560x1440 is a lot no matter how you look at it.

I run 2560x1600 on an LG W3000H with a single R9 290x and i7 2600k @ 4.6ghz at the moment. Works great for me.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Yes, two 7970's will game at 2560x1440 or 3x 1920x1080 acceptably. 3x 2560x1440 will be a bit slow.

Why not get 3 2560x1440 120hz ips panels? They do exist: http://www.blurbusters.com/faq/120hz-monitors/

The "Overlord Tempest" are the best ones http://overlordcomputer.com/products/tempest-x270oc-glossy

To send 5.1 to the home stereo you will probably want to use Optical. If you cant do optical than Digital out is almost as good.. if not digital then RCA. HDMI will work but then you may run into limitations.

Main reason I am trying not to get 120hz with a 1440p resolution is the price tag. I dont want to be in the mid 3k. Getting 3 of those monitors is 1500 in itself, I was barely thinking of doing one where the 3 in total cost 1.1k I really appreciate that link. I am still going to debate this for some time seeing as how this is not happening immediately. I was looking too. For the same price as my rig + 27" 1440 monitors, I could get the gaming rig, 3 1080 27" monitors, and a 40" tv to mount above the 3 monitors if I wish to watch a movie or have a single display. As far as the new home theatre, you think having a stereo powering it all runing optical between the PC and stereo would be best?

Edit: Yeah, I am going to seeing probably around 4k for the rig and 3 of those beastly ass monitors after all taxes, and shipping and handling fees. If I get a bonus inbetween now and when I do this, I might do it lmao. Also, can all games even run 1440? I would hate to invest into those monitors, then just get stuck playing all my games at 1080p and not being able to play native. Which I have done several times, and running non-native resolutions, even if it is still in the 16:9 ratio, can look fucking weird. Along with that, you saying running those 3 would be slow on triple monitor makes me want to stay away also. I really don't want to have to get any bigger than what the gaming rig. As far as another GFX card is, or beefing up the two I already picked.

Most games have no issues running over 1920x1080 compatability wise. When going triple display its just performance you have to worry about, and 3 monitors at 2560x1440 is a lot no matter how you look at it.

I run 2560x1600 on an LG W3000H with a single R9 290x and i7 2600k @ 4.6ghz at the moment. Works great for me.

Well, I think I am just going to stick with 1080p because I would like to run 120Hz refresh rate so that would be very hard to achieve at 1440p. Also, I was just looking at that graphics card. For $100 more I can have 2 of those instead of the XFX 7970's

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

What do you think about 2 HIS radeon r9 290's running triple moniotr in 1440?

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

would be nice

just make sure you adjust the fan profiles a bit, the stock profile sucks.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

would be nice

just make sure you adjust the fan profiles a bit, the stock profile sucks.

I will make sure i do that, but does that mean you think 2 R9 290's could run 1440p triple monitor? 60Hz?? 120????

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

If you have the CPU to back them up and dont mind running at lower FSAA levels, yeah they should be able to. They will run 60hz or 120hz no problem, the problem is if the FPS can keep up or not.

Hammerdown... 1%

If you have the CPU to back them up and dont mind running at lower FSAA levels, yeah they should be able to. They will run 60hz or 120hz no problem, the problem is if the FPS can keep up or not.

OK. Well over been looking a lot at monitors, and because of the price point of 1440p, I don't think I'm going to do it. I'm thinking of just sticking to 1080 and going 120hz on the monitors, to get the best picture got gaming.

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Yeah, i'd go 1080p.

Hammerdown... 1%

Yeah, i'd go 1080p.

How do you think 3, R9 290's would work on 1440?? lmao, just throwing it out there. I actually found a Z87 board for 190, that has 3 PCI 3.0 x16 slots, compared to the one I am getting that is only 2 and cost 100 more.

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm