Setting up big computer build + home theatre

What are your home-theater options as of now?

As in speakers, amplifiers, pre-amps, ect..

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, i'd go 1080p.

How do you think 3, R9 290's would work on 1440?? lmao, just throwing it out there. I actually found a Z87 board for 190, that has 3 PCI 3.0 x16 slots, compared to the one I am getting that is only 2 and cost 100 more.

fast, hot x3.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

What are your home-theater options as of now?

As in speakers, amplifiers, pre-amps, ect..

I was looking at all dayton gear off of parts express. Their bookshelf speakers x4, left and right, front and rear. Dayton Center, and more than likely a dayton sub bult into a custom enclosure. As far as stereo I had a pioneer on the list that would match all them for their RMS rating but I would need to make sure that the stereo has a optical connection. If not I will need to look elsewhere.

Yeah, i'd go 1080p.

How do you think 3, R9 290's would work on 1440?? lmao, just throwing it out there. I actually found a Z87 board for 190, that has 3 PCI 3.0 x16 slots, compared to the one I am getting that is only 2 and cost 100 more.

fast, hot x3.

Hmmm, definetely a game changer lmao. just need to make up my mind on 60hz or 120hz. Would like it to be as clear as it possibly can be. If I am going all out, lol want it to be the Shit!!!!!

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

120hz, no questions. A pair of 290's at 3x 1920x1080 will be fine. Just be ready for a bit of noise and make sure you've got a cpu to keep them going.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

I don't have any experience with 120hz, but 1440p is much more beautiful (assuming you aren't going with the Tempest or other).

3x 290's will be supper duper hot lol, but I would still run it if I could.

As for audio, I haven't looked at the Dayton gear you are looking at, but they are a great company.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

I don't have any experience with 120hz, but 1440p is much more beautiful (assuming you aren't going with the Tempest or other).

3x 290's will be supper duper hot lol, but I would still run it if I could.

As for audio, I haven't looked at the Dayton gear you are looking at, but they are a great company.

why do you say if I'm not using the Tempest? Just curious. And even if I am, that's Soooo much just on monitors lol. And Steve, I'm pretty sure the i7 4770k oc'ed can keep up. I was looking around and seen a few places saying that, that one is in the top of the line of Intel cpu's

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Just meant an overclocked 1440p panel to get the best of both worlds.

Just meant an overclocked 1440p panel to get the best of both worlds.

Oh I get ya. Well, It is a decision now. I am sticking with the 3 PCI slot mobo so down the road I can get a third and really let them FPS shine. Just need to save up for that price tag on 3 of those monitors lmao.

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

You wont see a huge difference in 60hz and 120hz, especially with Vsync on. A higher res IPS panel would look hot though.

Completely untrue, especially if you get a 120hz panel that supports black frame insertion or "lightboost".

Hammerdown... 1%

Archived