Second Skin Audio

SINGLE ZV4 18 fourth order wall help

Msg4lifesucka

So I'm planning to do a single zv4 18 fourth order wall in a Subaru Outback after the rear seats (C pillar). I'm thinking the ported chamber could be about 8-9 cubic feet tuned to about 45-50 hz with about 135 square inches of port area and about 5 cubic feet of air in the sealed chamber. With all of this on a Crescendo bc3500, how do you think this could do with all that other cabin space in front of it? what im really looking for is to move as much air as I can. I love them lows, 15-35 hz range. If any body could give their 2 cents, that would be great.

Why wall a single 18? Just run it in a normal ported box below the window line IMO

Up to you... But are you willing to give up your rear window for just a single 18?

However I will say with a 4th order: Size your sealed chamber to get the power handling and the sealed resonant frequency (impedance peak) you want.Then tune the front chamber to that frequency. Adjust your ratio by shrinking or expanding the PORTED chamber. Not the sealed one

Best bet would be an IM-SG or DATS (Dayton audio test system)

I suppose you could run some clamp tests too to calculate your impedance peak too.

Archived